Yeah
Kelly kind of threw it over to me so I guess I should at least attempt a volley.
The PSP launch may have been huge in Tokyo, but here in Osaka it weren't all that hot. The big electronics part of town here is called Den Den town. There weren't nothing much going down in Den Den town on the day of the launch. No big lines, no mass hysteria, nothing. I haven't seen a PSP in use around here. I've seen a few DSs though.
I haven't really got to try out a PSP yet, so I can't really make a judgment. I know that I wasn't all that interested until I saw commercials for it on the TV. The graphics certainly do look good. But here's the thing: on a screen so small, you don't need to push around all that many polygons to make it look great. I think Sony put too much technology into the PSP. Sure, the graphics look better than the DS's, but at what cost? Literally, at what cost? Sony is taking huge losses on every unit sold, that much is known. But how much money per unit? Will it be worth it?
And Sony just fucking pisses me off with its launch strategy. "Let's underproduce so we can create demand for our product! Let's fuck over our loyal customers and all the publishers making games for us." Seriously, given how many more DSs have been sold, which version of Ridge Racer is selling more? The graphically superior brand new PSP version? Or the port of an old N64 game on the DS that has four times as many units out on the market? Which is making Namco more money? Sony could have manufactured more units or pushed back the launch date to better prepare.
But they didn't, because they are still pissed off at Nintendo for dumping them way back in the SNES days.
Speaking of being better prepared, have you heard about all the PSP problems at launch? Probably not. There are a lot. I'll let Kelly fill y'all in. (WHOOO!! We is like the most deadliest tag team videogames coverin' ninjas you ever done not seen!!! Beware our Deadly Shadow Style!!) To be fair, some launch DSs had dead pixels. Nintendo sent out replacements as soon as possible. Sony doesn't have enough units to supply Japan yet and is trying to build up stock for the North American launch. Who do you think they are going to supply the non-broken PSP to first, someone new or to someone whose money they already have.
From Sony, To Early Adopters: Fuck You!
The PSP launch may have been huge in Tokyo, but here in Osaka it weren't all that hot. The big electronics part of town here is called Den Den town. There weren't nothing much going down in Den Den town on the day of the launch. No big lines, no mass hysteria, nothing. I haven't seen a PSP in use around here. I've seen a few DSs though.
I haven't really got to try out a PSP yet, so I can't really make a judgment. I know that I wasn't all that interested until I saw commercials for it on the TV. The graphics certainly do look good. But here's the thing: on a screen so small, you don't need to push around all that many polygons to make it look great. I think Sony put too much technology into the PSP. Sure, the graphics look better than the DS's, but at what cost? Literally, at what cost? Sony is taking huge losses on every unit sold, that much is known. But how much money per unit? Will it be worth it?
And Sony just fucking pisses me off with its launch strategy. "Let's underproduce so we can create demand for our product! Let's fuck over our loyal customers and all the publishers making games for us." Seriously, given how many more DSs have been sold, which version of Ridge Racer is selling more? The graphically superior brand new PSP version? Or the port of an old N64 game on the DS that has four times as many units out on the market? Which is making Namco more money? Sony could have manufactured more units or pushed back the launch date to better prepare.
But they didn't, because they are still pissed off at Nintendo for dumping them way back in the SNES days.
Speaking of being better prepared, have you heard about all the PSP problems at launch? Probably not. There are a lot. I'll let Kelly fill y'all in. (WHOOO!! We is like the most deadliest tag team videogames coverin' ninjas you ever done not seen!!! Beware our Deadly Shadow Style!!) To be fair, some launch DSs had dead pixels. Nintendo sent out replacements as soon as possible. Sony doesn't have enough units to supply Japan yet and is trying to build up stock for the North American launch. Who do you think they are going to supply the non-broken PSP to first, someone new or to someone whose money they already have.
From Sony, To Early Adopters: Fuck You!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home