The Coming Into Being...
Genesis. Sega Genesis.
SEGA SCREAM! To Be This Good Takes AGES!
Oh, the memories. So good. Sadly, it wasn't the Sega Genesis that I owned during the 16-bit wars. The comfort of Nintendo lured me. Plus, it was the simple fact that I received 5 free games for purchasing a brand new Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Yep, I received Super Mario All-Stars for free via mail and Super Mario World included with the system. I loved my SNES. I did play plenty of the Sega Genesis at friends houses. Sonic, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker. It wasn't until Nintendo's video game dry Nintendo 64 era that swiftly prompted me to the Genesis.
So, I had a sweet time catching up on a catalog of fantastic titles I had never played before. The entire Sonic, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe series. Oh, my Phantasy Star. What a great series. Today, my Genesis collection shadows my SNES.
Today, it got a little bit bigger with the PS3/XBOX360 release of "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection". So here I am again, experiencing games such as Comix Zone and Bonanza Bros. for the first time. Both are fantastic and unique titles so far different than what Nintendo would design. There's a gold mine of treasure here, featuring 49 games in total. In Canada the compilation is priced at 40 bucks. You're paying under a buck a game and yes, all the Phantasy Star titles are in there and that guarantees you hundreds of hours of game play. Should you buy the collection? Hell yeah! From what I understand the collection is flying off of game shelves. Upon release day, a couple of local EB Games had sold out of them.
Yeah, go get it. It's awesome. It's a giant piece of video game history. I'll discuss more on a future podcast. Hell, this year marks the console's 20th anniversary. God, I'm getting old. So expect plenty of discussion about it right here. Here's a couple of links for your enjoyment.
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection Homepage
Download The Game's Manual Here
SEGA SCREAM! To Be This Good Takes AGES!
Oh, the memories. So good. Sadly, it wasn't the Sega Genesis that I owned during the 16-bit wars. The comfort of Nintendo lured me. Plus, it was the simple fact that I received 5 free games for purchasing a brand new Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Yep, I received Super Mario All-Stars for free via mail and Super Mario World included with the system. I loved my SNES. I did play plenty of the Sega Genesis at friends houses. Sonic, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker. It wasn't until Nintendo's video game dry Nintendo 64 era that swiftly prompted me to the Genesis.
So, I had a sweet time catching up on a catalog of fantastic titles I had never played before. The entire Sonic, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe series. Oh, my Phantasy Star. What a great series. Today, my Genesis collection shadows my SNES.
Today, it got a little bit bigger with the PS3/XBOX360 release of "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection". So here I am again, experiencing games such as Comix Zone and Bonanza Bros. for the first time. Both are fantastic and unique titles so far different than what Nintendo would design. There's a gold mine of treasure here, featuring 49 games in total. In Canada the compilation is priced at 40 bucks. You're paying under a buck a game and yes, all the Phantasy Star titles are in there and that guarantees you hundreds of hours of game play. Should you buy the collection? Hell yeah! From what I understand the collection is flying off of game shelves. Upon release day, a couple of local EB Games had sold out of them.
Yeah, go get it. It's awesome. It's a giant piece of video game history. I'll discuss more on a future podcast. Hell, this year marks the console's 20th anniversary. God, I'm getting old. So expect plenty of discussion about it right here. Here's a couple of links for your enjoyment.
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection Homepage
Download The Game's Manual Here

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home