A Couple of Oddballs
Kathy and I visited her folks this weekend. Her father is a huge tech geek which makes these travels pleasant. He showed off his Sony Reader Digital Book, which he received for free thanks to large quantities Air Miles. I would have never considered purchasing one until I held one in my hands. Damn beautiful and impressive. It has that weight of a light book, has a nice big screen, accepts nearly every document file type in the galaxy and can adjust font sizes on the fly. Very nice. Among other entertaining aspects of their household, a Wii and PlayStation 3 await your attention.
So I finally played Wii Play. Holy shit. What a piece a crap, even as far as a mini-games compilations go. You think you're gonna play some pool, you know with those intuitive controls and with THE RULES OF POOL. Fuck no. The tank game sucks my left nut. The light gun game shits diarrhea. Everything about Wii Play is evil, as if Lucifer himself spawned the deformity of a game. Fuck Wii Play. If you need an extra fuckin' Wiimote and a goddamn mini-game compilation, go buy one and pick up the original Rayman Raving Rabbids in the value bin for under 20 bucks. Speaking of Rayman, Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party is awesome with humour, excitement and a hell of a lot more thought and effort placed into it as opposed to Nintendo's minimalist, catastrophic efforts. Fuck you Nintendo.
On the PlayStation 3 I played Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII. I used to play the crap outta flight sim/arcade games. It's a dying genre I miss dearly. Especially, LucasArts X-Wing/Tie Fighter series. Shit George, gotta fire those up again baby. Anyway, I had a blast with Blazing Angels 2 even with Sixaxis controls intact as you fly your plane via your tilt powers. You can also shut off Sixaxis controls but I found them fun. Much more fuckin' fun than Wii Play.
* * * *
Portable Play
On my PSP, I just finished Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. Damn great game. It's how I wanted to play Metal Gear Solid in portable form but nope. Hideo Kojima had to go crazy like a hot college girl in "Girls Gone Wild" and gave us "Adventures of Snake Cards!" and "Snake's Mystery Van Tour!". Crap. Dark Mirror is awesome with a hefty single player campaign and online battle modes. I picked it up new for 10 bucks and it was well spent. Last week I stood my ground playing online against dudes as over 100 players filled the game's servers. Nice to see the title still active. Especially for a 3 year old PSP title.
I am loving every minute of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. It's the RPG developed for those who can't stand RPGs. It's fast, furious and doesn't revolve around thousand hour cut scenes. The extra tens of thousands of missions are awesome and of course the main story is emotionally charged featuring hot babes and bitchy villains. If you have a PSP, you have to own this game. It's your typical Square Enix, no expense sparred title with a great script, dialogue, voice acting and fully composed score. Fuckin' awesome!
So I finally played Wii Play. Holy shit. What a piece a crap, even as far as a mini-games compilations go. You think you're gonna play some pool, you know with those intuitive controls and with THE RULES OF POOL. Fuck no. The tank game sucks my left nut. The light gun game shits diarrhea. Everything about Wii Play is evil, as if Lucifer himself spawned the deformity of a game. Fuck Wii Play. If you need an extra fuckin' Wiimote and a goddamn mini-game compilation, go buy one and pick up the original Rayman Raving Rabbids in the value bin for under 20 bucks. Speaking of Rayman, Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party is awesome with humour, excitement and a hell of a lot more thought and effort placed into it as opposed to Nintendo's minimalist, catastrophic efforts. Fuck you Nintendo.
On the PlayStation 3 I played Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII. I used to play the crap outta flight sim/arcade games. It's a dying genre I miss dearly. Especially, LucasArts X-Wing/Tie Fighter series. Shit George, gotta fire those up again baby. Anyway, I had a blast with Blazing Angels 2 even with Sixaxis controls intact as you fly your plane via your tilt powers. You can also shut off Sixaxis controls but I found them fun. Much more fuckin' fun than Wii Play.
* * * *
Portable Play
On my PSP, I just finished Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. Damn great game. It's how I wanted to play Metal Gear Solid in portable form but nope. Hideo Kojima had to go crazy like a hot college girl in "Girls Gone Wild" and gave us "Adventures of Snake Cards!" and "Snake's Mystery Van Tour!". Crap. Dark Mirror is awesome with a hefty single player campaign and online battle modes. I picked it up new for 10 bucks and it was well spent. Last week I stood my ground playing online against dudes as over 100 players filled the game's servers. Nice to see the title still active. Especially for a 3 year old PSP title.
I am loving every minute of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. It's the RPG developed for those who can't stand RPGs. It's fast, furious and doesn't revolve around thousand hour cut scenes. The extra tens of thousands of missions are awesome and of course the main story is emotionally charged featuring hot babes and bitchy villains. If you have a PSP, you have to own this game. It's your typical Square Enix, no expense sparred title with a great script, dialogue, voice acting and fully composed score. Fuckin' awesome!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home