Playstation Stuff
I downloaded all sorts of stuff as of late.
All for the PS3, none for my Mac, my Mac is basically game free. I am affeart of putting games on my Mac. The very little I ever get done will dwindle down to nothing.
Nothing gets done but gaming. The game I played all day today was Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game. It is a good game. It is full of awesome bits. I love the retro inspired graphics. Not 8-bit graphics, people who describe these graphics as 8-bit are either lazy or stupid. Or both. These graphics are much more detailed than 8-bit. Maybe even more than 16-bit. Very nice. This is how you remember your favourite games back in the day looking. And the animate even better than they look. Full of awesome little touches, especially if you are a fan of the comics.
And the sound! Remember what I said about the graphics? Ditto for the music. This is what my childhood sounded like. But even more awesome. Love the music. Love it. My favourite part of the game.
The controls are nice and responsive. The punches and kicks all feel good, the special moves expand your options nicely (and most all of them are homages to RIver City Ransom). I still haven't quite figured out the timing for the reversals yet. And for some reason there is a massive delay between hitting the status button on the map screen and the status screen actually popping up. I have no idea why that is.
I love the shopping in this game. I love the fact that you level up. A lovely blending of the old and the new. So much stuff is awesome in the game.
Still haven't beat the game yet. Which is not a big deal, seeing as I only got it yesterday. And the game is hard. You will have to grind. A lot. Yes, there is grinding. Which is kind of a drag, But it's fun to play and being able to blow through the early levels after powering up imparts a nice feeling of accomplishment.
The biggest drawback to this game is that there is no online multiplayer. Which is a travesty. I don't know why more PSN games aren't online multiplayer capable.
PixelJunk Racer 2nd Lap doesn't have online multiplayer either. Which doesn't bother me near as much, because it is the first PixelJunk game that leaves me completely cold. Don't like it. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Which would be the opposite of my other PSN Plus game experiences. PixelJunk Racer 2nd Lap is discounted for Plus members.
WipeoutHD is free for Plus members. As is Critter Crunch. Both are good games. They both have excellent aesthetics. Look and sound great. Play great too. But the end game in both is just frustrating.
Scott Pilgrim makes me want to play better. These other two just piss me off. A personal preference to be sure, but that's the way it goes.
I'm glad I got them for free.
All for the PS3, none for my Mac, my Mac is basically game free. I am affeart of putting games on my Mac. The very little I ever get done will dwindle down to nothing.
Nothing gets done but gaming. The game I played all day today was Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game. It is a good game. It is full of awesome bits. I love the retro inspired graphics. Not 8-bit graphics, people who describe these graphics as 8-bit are either lazy or stupid. Or both. These graphics are much more detailed than 8-bit. Maybe even more than 16-bit. Very nice. This is how you remember your favourite games back in the day looking. And the animate even better than they look. Full of awesome little touches, especially if you are a fan of the comics.
And the sound! Remember what I said about the graphics? Ditto for the music. This is what my childhood sounded like. But even more awesome. Love the music. Love it. My favourite part of the game.
The controls are nice and responsive. The punches and kicks all feel good, the special moves expand your options nicely (and most all of them are homages to RIver City Ransom). I still haven't quite figured out the timing for the reversals yet. And for some reason there is a massive delay between hitting the status button on the map screen and the status screen actually popping up. I have no idea why that is.
I love the shopping in this game. I love the fact that you level up. A lovely blending of the old and the new. So much stuff is awesome in the game.
Still haven't beat the game yet. Which is not a big deal, seeing as I only got it yesterday. And the game is hard. You will have to grind. A lot. Yes, there is grinding. Which is kind of a drag, But it's fun to play and being able to blow through the early levels after powering up imparts a nice feeling of accomplishment.
The biggest drawback to this game is that there is no online multiplayer. Which is a travesty. I don't know why more PSN games aren't online multiplayer capable.
PixelJunk Racer 2nd Lap doesn't have online multiplayer either. Which doesn't bother me near as much, because it is the first PixelJunk game that leaves me completely cold. Don't like it. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Which would be the opposite of my other PSN Plus game experiences. PixelJunk Racer 2nd Lap is discounted for Plus members.
WipeoutHD is free for Plus members. As is Critter Crunch. Both are good games. They both have excellent aesthetics. Look and sound great. Play great too. But the end game in both is just frustrating.
Scott Pilgrim makes me want to play better. These other two just piss me off. A personal preference to be sure, but that's the way it goes.
I'm glad I got them for free.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home