Podcast On Hiatus. Plus, Reviews! ARGH?!?!
To all of our fans out there, I'm not sure who you are. If you stopped by to listen to a podcast or glance at our blog.
Thank you.
Tyler and I recorded a glorious, 1 hour 20 minute podcast with enough passion and frigin' anger, I was torn even if I wanted to post it.
My language barrier shattered. I got angry. It triggered Tyler and by the end I think we dropped enough F-Bombs to destroy the planet Earth and beyond. We weren't angry at each other with disagreements. We both can agree to disagree with healthy debate and move along. Cool. Awesome.
However, this podcast was mouth packed. The podcast I'm sure we both wanna create is something of more professionalism. The occasional F-Bomb will occur, but this time it wasn't held back.
Anyway, moving along... I was going to post it until I discovered my free podcast provider terminated our account. Not because of them, but because of us. We rarely do a podcast and our free host requires at least an upload every 30 days. Sadly, we go to school. Have lives and are married. My wife and I are expecting our first child in weeks. So it has become a little tough.
One day we will return. I'll have to hunt down a new host and we'll start anew.
What sent me off?
The trolls. The noisy negativeness.
You know, this is supposed to be a fun hobby. You kick back. Have some fun and then you turn it off.
What I hate are those who seem to have a negative opinion about any game or console or handheld without experience them.
Period.
Also, I'm wondering about some recent reviews. I'll point them out. They have to deal with recent IGN.COM reviews. Look, I don't have a hate on with IGN.COM. I love "BEYOND!". The guys are all awesome. I go to this site on a daily basis. I respect, man. I totally love my PSP GO and so dose Greg Miller. Awesome stuff! Yet, at times in this industry, I'll throw a big "WTF?". These are my opinions so, what the hell?
An 8.5 for Killzone 3. Apparently, this would be one of the most spectacular first person games for this generation. That is if it wasn't for the story.
Okay...
I'm still going to require a little more clarity on this explanation. It appears to be a phenomenal playing game, yet they dropped the score for the game because of the appointing story.
Hmmmm...
You know, I always thought a narrative was a bonus when it came to games and not the focal point. Please, check out their review. Maybe I've miss read this.
Secondly, Pac-Man Championship Edition has "finally" hit the PSP and PS3 in the form of a PlayStation Mini. It's on the PSN Store for $4.99. It's the same price as the iPhone/iTouch version. However, with it being a mini there are no online leaderboard modes. Okay. I can live with that for $4.99. Apparently, with the removal of online leaderboards only warrants the game a 5.5 score.
Okay. Here we go again...
You know a great game is still a great game without an online leaderboard component. Yes I do miss them but I'm not disappointed for $4.99. BTW, the original Championship Edition is a phenomenal game even in the wake of DX.
In general, this is a problem I have with review scores. At times, they just don't make any sense.
I'm a big fan of a "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" approach.
Is the title worth playing or not. Period.
End of Line.
Thank you.
Tyler and I recorded a glorious, 1 hour 20 minute podcast with enough passion and frigin' anger, I was torn even if I wanted to post it.
My language barrier shattered. I got angry. It triggered Tyler and by the end I think we dropped enough F-Bombs to destroy the planet Earth and beyond. We weren't angry at each other with disagreements. We both can agree to disagree with healthy debate and move along. Cool. Awesome.
However, this podcast was mouth packed. The podcast I'm sure we both wanna create is something of more professionalism. The occasional F-Bomb will occur, but this time it wasn't held back.
Anyway, moving along... I was going to post it until I discovered my free podcast provider terminated our account. Not because of them, but because of us. We rarely do a podcast and our free host requires at least an upload every 30 days. Sadly, we go to school. Have lives and are married. My wife and I are expecting our first child in weeks. So it has become a little tough.
One day we will return. I'll have to hunt down a new host and we'll start anew.
What sent me off?
The trolls. The noisy negativeness.
You know, this is supposed to be a fun hobby. You kick back. Have some fun and then you turn it off.
What I hate are those who seem to have a negative opinion about any game or console or handheld without experience them.
Period.
Also, I'm wondering about some recent reviews. I'll point them out. They have to deal with recent IGN.COM reviews. Look, I don't have a hate on with IGN.COM. I love "BEYOND!". The guys are all awesome. I go to this site on a daily basis. I respect, man. I totally love my PSP GO and so dose Greg Miller. Awesome stuff! Yet, at times in this industry, I'll throw a big "WTF?". These are my opinions so, what the hell?
An 8.5 for Killzone 3. Apparently, this would be one of the most spectacular first person games for this generation. That is if it wasn't for the story.
Okay...
I'm still going to require a little more clarity on this explanation. It appears to be a phenomenal playing game, yet they dropped the score for the game because of the appointing story.
Hmmmm...
You know, I always thought a narrative was a bonus when it came to games and not the focal point. Please, check out their review. Maybe I've miss read this.
Secondly, Pac-Man Championship Edition has "finally" hit the PSP and PS3 in the form of a PlayStation Mini. It's on the PSN Store for $4.99. It's the same price as the iPhone/iTouch version. However, with it being a mini there are no online leaderboard modes. Okay. I can live with that for $4.99. Apparently, with the removal of online leaderboards only warrants the game a 5.5 score.
Okay. Here we go again...
You know a great game is still a great game without an online leaderboard component. Yes I do miss them but I'm not disappointed for $4.99. BTW, the original Championship Edition is a phenomenal game even in the wake of DX.
In general, this is a problem I have with review scores. At times, they just don't make any sense.
I'm a big fan of a "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" approach.
Is the title worth playing or not. Period.
End of Line.



1 Comments:
Here is where I play devil's advocate. Is 8.5 a bad score? No. By their own rubric, 8.5 is a "great" game. And story absolutely matters. In games with story. The lack of a story should not detract from, say, a Pac-Man game. But in a shooter with cinematics and such, if you dread the next cut scene because you hate every character in the game or find their storytelling to be shit, then that directly impacts your enjoyment. I fucking loathed the story in Resistance 2. Hated the characters, hated the constant fades to black, hated the structure of it all. Did that affect my opinion of the game? Of course it did. That story took that game's rating down from 'great' to 'barely average' in my eyes.
Reviews of games are like reviews of books or movies, not reviews of cars or consumer electronics. They are subjective. Everyone brings their own biases.
And the Pac-Man thing? Why a 5.5? It's an older game in a series that has just seen an amazing (some say perfect) edition released. Options have been stripped out. Pac-Man CE was amazing when it came out. But time has passed since then. Games have improved. But this version hasn't.
Keep in mind I haven't played either of the games in question, and am not really burning with desire to do so.
Post a Comment
<< Home