E3 2005 Wrap Up
Nothing could top the fandom that was displayed within the 3rd week of May 2005. We got E3 2005 and we got Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of The Sith. Sith was fantastic. E3 was less exciting.
I'll stick to E3 for this discussion. I'll post a Sith review at some point. In a nutshell, Sith is bittersweet. The best of the prequels and a beautiful bridge into the original trilogy. It's kicking ass at the box office and with critics. It deserves it. Damn, it's tragic and beautiful at the same time.
E3 2005 was fairly uneventful. Nothing realy smashed the stratosphere. What I did like were the following -
As lame as all the pre-E3 press conferences were, I did enjoy Nintendo's the most. They weren't about blowing you away with new graphics engines and such. They were about new ways to play games. We've seen puppy and cat tamagotchi games before, but Nintendogs is about to take the niche market to new levels. I'm very excited with it along with Electroplankton, which is getting a North American release and had a great demo at E3. Nintendo's promise of free internet for both the DS and Revolution was very exciting.
I am looking forward to the new Sonic titles this year (duh...). The previews for all the titles have been fantastic! Shadow The hedgehog looks awsome and Sonic Rush is taking 2D Sonic and the Nintendo DS to new heights of coolness! It looks to be a great year for Sonic. Then next year... Oh next year... A brand new Sonic title is in development for the X-Box 360. Holy crap if you've seen the camera footage of this... My Lord! I get those Dreamcast launch feelings all over again! Awsome! Awsome! Plus, Virtual Fighter 5, a new House of The Dead and Afterburner game have all been announced. The future is indeed bright for Sega!
Mario returns with Mario & Luigi 2... Hell yeah! Plus, he slides straight into a soccer/football title for the Cube. It's about time Nintendo got back into the soccer action!
Pac-Man World 3 looks promising. Demo players found the experience a bit slow but then again the title still has over six more months of development time. So hopes are still high.
Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance is going to rock with online play modes, the original MSX Metal Gear titles plus much, much more. The new MGS3 is looking more and more like a super Kojima collector's set. MGS4 announced for the PS3 is fantastic. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be a launch title for the new Playstation. Hell, Sony needs it.
Super Smash Brothers with online play for the Revolution is going to rock. Hopefully, Namco is going to get the new Mario Kart arcade game ported for the Revolution. Just so I can have Pac-Man can run circles around Mario at home. Plus it'd be a hell of an online title as well.
Looking to the future, E3 2006 is going to be a fantastic show leaving 2005 in the dust. Yo T, get some comments in here now! I command you!
Holy crap I turn 30 in two days! Peace out!
I'll stick to E3 for this discussion. I'll post a Sith review at some point. In a nutshell, Sith is bittersweet. The best of the prequels and a beautiful bridge into the original trilogy. It's kicking ass at the box office and with critics. It deserves it. Damn, it's tragic and beautiful at the same time.
E3 2005 was fairly uneventful. Nothing realy smashed the stratosphere. What I did like were the following -
As lame as all the pre-E3 press conferences were, I did enjoy Nintendo's the most. They weren't about blowing you away with new graphics engines and such. They were about new ways to play games. We've seen puppy and cat tamagotchi games before, but Nintendogs is about to take the niche market to new levels. I'm very excited with it along with Electroplankton, which is getting a North American release and had a great demo at E3. Nintendo's promise of free internet for both the DS and Revolution was very exciting.
I am looking forward to the new Sonic titles this year (duh...). The previews for all the titles have been fantastic! Shadow The hedgehog looks awsome and Sonic Rush is taking 2D Sonic and the Nintendo DS to new heights of coolness! It looks to be a great year for Sonic. Then next year... Oh next year... A brand new Sonic title is in development for the X-Box 360. Holy crap if you've seen the camera footage of this... My Lord! I get those Dreamcast launch feelings all over again! Awsome! Awsome! Plus, Virtual Fighter 5, a new House of The Dead and Afterburner game have all been announced. The future is indeed bright for Sega!
Mario returns with Mario & Luigi 2... Hell yeah! Plus, he slides straight into a soccer/football title for the Cube. It's about time Nintendo got back into the soccer action!
Pac-Man World 3 looks promising. Demo players found the experience a bit slow but then again the title still has over six more months of development time. So hopes are still high.
Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance is going to rock with online play modes, the original MSX Metal Gear titles plus much, much more. The new MGS3 is looking more and more like a super Kojima collector's set. MGS4 announced for the PS3 is fantastic. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be a launch title for the new Playstation. Hell, Sony needs it.
Super Smash Brothers with online play for the Revolution is going to rock. Hopefully, Namco is going to get the new Mario Kart arcade game ported for the Revolution. Just so I can have Pac-Man can run circles around Mario at home. Plus it'd be a hell of an online title as well.
Looking to the future, E3 2006 is going to be a fantastic show leaving 2005 in the dust. Yo T, get some comments in here now! I command you!
Holy crap I turn 30 in two days! Peace out!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home