Nintendogs
So I suggested that we used that whole progressive review type thing where we post little blurbs, thoughts, tiny chunks of review, all the time instead of saving it up for one big review (although big reviews are still welcome). Yet I've had Nintendogs for about a week now and other than that quick mention in my last post, I've been negligent in my duties. I'll try to remedy that right now.
My dog's name is Kimber. She's a German shepherd, and I think she's about the cutest thing ever. It's amazing how attached you get to your Nintendog. And how quickly. The graphics in this game are not outstanding, but the animation is what makes this whole thing work. These dogs move like dogs, and that is why this game succeeds so well.
But maybe I should just relate what happened today as a kind of example of the rewards that await the players of this game. I had my wireless on whilst commuting home from work and had gotten a few new gifts. Instead of looking at them right away, I took Kimber for a walk. We had a very enjoyable walk, enjoyed the many sights, stopped by the park to play some frisbee, and found a couple gifts along the way.
When we got home, I fed Kimber, gave her some water and a quick brush just to keep her coat nice and shiny. Then I started going through my inventory to see what I had hauled in.
I got a totally awesome Mario hat! I put it on Kimber and kept poking through my new stuff. I had received a lot of new music. This music is played on a record player on the touch screen, so you can scratch with the records if you like. The new music was all very relaxing. When I looked up to the top screen I saw that Kimber had curled up and gone to sleep. She looked so cute and peaceful. Since the game passes by in real time, the sun was setting in the game just as it was in the real world. It was actually setting, I could see the colours gradually changing. The beautiful colours of sunset, the blissfully sleeping dog, the music, they all added up to evoke an amazing, joyful feeling. I took some pictures to record the moment for posterity.

That is what Nintendogs is about. I've never played a game like this before. It's wonderful.
My dog's name is Kimber. She's a German shepherd, and I think she's about the cutest thing ever. It's amazing how attached you get to your Nintendog. And how quickly. The graphics in this game are not outstanding, but the animation is what makes this whole thing work. These dogs move like dogs, and that is why this game succeeds so well.
But maybe I should just relate what happened today as a kind of example of the rewards that await the players of this game. I had my wireless on whilst commuting home from work and had gotten a few new gifts. Instead of looking at them right away, I took Kimber for a walk. We had a very enjoyable walk, enjoyed the many sights, stopped by the park to play some frisbee, and found a couple gifts along the way.
When we got home, I fed Kimber, gave her some water and a quick brush just to keep her coat nice and shiny. Then I started going through my inventory to see what I had hauled in.
I got a totally awesome Mario hat! I put it on Kimber and kept poking through my new stuff. I had received a lot of new music. This music is played on a record player on the touch screen, so you can scratch with the records if you like. The new music was all very relaxing. When I looked up to the top screen I saw that Kimber had curled up and gone to sleep. She looked so cute and peaceful. Since the game passes by in real time, the sun was setting in the game just as it was in the real world. It was actually setting, I could see the colours gradually changing. The beautiful colours of sunset, the blissfully sleeping dog, the music, they all added up to evoke an amazing, joyful feeling. I took some pictures to record the moment for posterity.

That is what Nintendogs is about. I've never played a game like this before. It's wonderful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home