Monday, May 08, 2006

E3 Tidbits - Sony Time

- The Playstation 3 will retail for $499 U.S. with a 20 gig hard drive. A $599 version will sell as well that will include a 60 gig hard drive. This should convert to about $599 and $699 respectably in Canadian super duper dollars. Ouch. :(

- The Dual Shock controller returns for the PS3 with *shock* gyros. Ha! I think the Dual Shock controller is my least favourite controller of this generation and beyond. To see Sony throw in Gyro sensors in the friggin' thing is a stab at Nintendo. It was demonstrated with a game entitled Warhawk. Funny thing is that the dude playing the game for the E3 crowd was having a difficult time playing the title with all it's cool gyro movments and shit. Ha! From what we know, there are NO GAMES (besides this thing) in development that even use this *shocking* brand new technology. I'm laughing right now. Wait for tommorrow Sony for the future my friends.

- Kaz Hirari proclaimed that the "PS3 is NOT a successor, but rather an upgrade to their market.” I love *sarcasim starts here* how Sony is advertising the system like the X-Box 360. You know... It's not realy a brand new machine but rather a beefed up PS2 with all of the abilites of the X-Box 360... Which you may already own. Hmmm?

- For all my bitching about Sony, guess what's a launch title for the system? Sega's brand new Sonic The Hedgehog! Celebrating his 15th birthday, Sonic's latest title looks phenominal and is in development for of course the PS3 and X-Box 360. Ah crap... Which one am I gonna get? A PS3 or X-Box 360? Crap!

- Also, I can't forget about Metal Gear Solid 4. I haven't seen the new trailer for it but yo, it's friggin' Hideo Kojima! You know it's gonna rock!

Well there we go, E3 2006 has just started. I'm sure there will be lots of cool things for the PS3 to be yet announced, but it just got me more excited about seeing Nintendo's press conference. So that I can see some new games and new ways to play them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home