Monday, May 01, 2006

Review The Past

I was revisting the E3 2004 Nintendo Press Conference with great joy. The revelation of the Nintendo DS was phenominal. The system came outta nowhere. Mario 64 DS. Mario Kart DS. Animal Crossing DS. The holy shit Metroid Prime: Hunters delivered. The dual screens, touch screen, microphone and holy shit of Wi-Fi. Reggie announcing it's launch in North America and Japan in 4th quarter. Man what a great show.

Then The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess trailer... Nintendo owned that E3.

2 years later, the Wii will be unveiled. Playable with a launch date revealed for later this year. Halo 3... Whatever. PS3 and a new Killzone... snooze. Just the tidbits of knowledge we've been finding out about Madden and Red Steel for the Wii are amazing. How these games will play is gonna be phenominal and they are just 3rd party games. What about the 1st party?

Hell yeah, we're gonna see a Metroid Prime III for the Wii at the show. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Metroid is Nintendo's Halo franchise. Every E3 has unveiled a new Metroid game from Prime I and II to Pinball to Hunters, it's only natural we're gonna see MPIII on Nintendo's new console.

E3 2006 is gonna be fantastic. Less than 2 weeks to go and counting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home