What the hell have I been up to
First of all, Special K, stop rubbing it in. I already mentioned how upset I was about Nintendo launching in NA first. Again. Fuck.
But I've been too busy playing games to get to worked up about it.
What have I been playing?
Not Animal Crossing, I ain't touched that game since before I got wed and now there is just this huge sense of guilt so I may never play it again. And not the new Starfox game that I picked up before I went home to get wed. Haven't gamed much on my DS at all.
I've mainly been PS2ing. I know. I'm a weak man. I caved. There were too many games that I wanted to play and there's no way in hell I'm going to buy a PS3 until it's under 300 bucks. Which is to say not for a long god damn time.
So I bit the bullet and bought a PS2. And a couple handfulls o' games. Didn;t buy as many as I wanted, but the more I buy the more I have to take/bring to Japan and back and I need to start setting aside money for the Wii.
Here's what I've been playing:
God of War: Pretty awesome. The combat is pretty tight, the story is well told and it looks and sounds nice. Plus, y'know, tits and blood! And the extras are a nice touch.
Transformers: My friend's game. He loves them little robot cars. The game is really quite good. Looks, sounds and plays great. It just feels good.
Guitar Hero: I imagine this is what the Wii is going to be like. Enjoyable frustration as you learn how you need to play the game. Awesome game, but I ache after playing it.
Mark of Kri: Rise of the Kasai: The reviews for the original were lackluster but I fucking LOVE that game. So when the sequel got lackluster reviews I figured that I would LOVE it as well. Not the case. Haven't played much of this one at all. Maybe I'll learn to love it.
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: Cute. Not as compulsively playable as I thought it would be.
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time: See above.
Mortal Kombat: Hardly played this one either. The Role Playing mode is ridiculous.
Timesplitters: Future Perfect: I love these games. I love the character designs and the character the game exudes. Not afraid to be stupid. Just like me.
Shadow of the Colossus: Love it.
Katamari... I should really write reviews for these things or at least go into more depth. Right. That's what I'll do.
Later.
But I've been too busy playing games to get to worked up about it.
What have I been playing?
Not Animal Crossing, I ain't touched that game since before I got wed and now there is just this huge sense of guilt so I may never play it again. And not the new Starfox game that I picked up before I went home to get wed. Haven't gamed much on my DS at all.
I've mainly been PS2ing. I know. I'm a weak man. I caved. There were too many games that I wanted to play and there's no way in hell I'm going to buy a PS3 until it's under 300 bucks. Which is to say not for a long god damn time.
So I bit the bullet and bought a PS2. And a couple handfulls o' games. Didn;t buy as many as I wanted, but the more I buy the more I have to take/bring to Japan and back and I need to start setting aside money for the Wii.
Here's what I've been playing:
God of War: Pretty awesome. The combat is pretty tight, the story is well told and it looks and sounds nice. Plus, y'know, tits and blood! And the extras are a nice touch.
Transformers: My friend's game. He loves them little robot cars. The game is really quite good. Looks, sounds and plays great. It just feels good.
Guitar Hero: I imagine this is what the Wii is going to be like. Enjoyable frustration as you learn how you need to play the game. Awesome game, but I ache after playing it.
Mark of Kri: Rise of the Kasai: The reviews for the original were lackluster but I fucking LOVE that game. So when the sequel got lackluster reviews I figured that I would LOVE it as well. Not the case. Haven't played much of this one at all. Maybe I'll learn to love it.
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: Cute. Not as compulsively playable as I thought it would be.
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time: See above.
Mortal Kombat: Hardly played this one either. The Role Playing mode is ridiculous.
Timesplitters: Future Perfect: I love these games. I love the character designs and the character the game exudes. Not afraid to be stupid. Just like me.
Shadow of the Colossus: Love it.
Katamari... I should really write reviews for these things or at least go into more depth. Right. That's what I'll do.
Later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home