Launch and Such
Yeah, the PS3 launched here over the weekend. I wasn't near Den Den town (Osaka's Akihabara) but I did see a massive line near Yodobashi Camera. At 10 in the evening, the first guy in line had already been there four 13 hours. Bye the time it was all done, he'd have been in line for over a day. Crazy. There was no way all the people in that line would be getting PS3s. Shitty.
Speaking of standing in lines: there were two video game shows this weekend. I got to play Lost Planet (A really cold, really fun Starship Troopers) for the 360. I should have paid more attention, because in the tented off area right to the left of where I played Lost Planet was Gears of War. Dang. There were some Playstation 3s playable at the show. I didn't play any of them. But Motorstorm sure looked nice, right next to that was Resistance which looked pretty good, and next to that was Genji 2 which didn't look all that great to me. And that was that for PS3 games. Odd since it was coming out that weekend.
There were some Wiis there as well. I played Elebits which was fun, but the controls seemed overly touchy. Same with Red Steel, the controls seemed more touchy and less fun. That was a big disappointment. And Ben Kicked my ass at Wii Sports Boxing.
Next time, I'll tell you all about the Nintendo World show.
Speaking of standing in lines: there were two video game shows this weekend. I got to play Lost Planet (A really cold, really fun Starship Troopers) for the 360. I should have paid more attention, because in the tented off area right to the left of where I played Lost Planet was Gears of War. Dang. There were some Playstation 3s playable at the show. I didn't play any of them. But Motorstorm sure looked nice, right next to that was Resistance which looked pretty good, and next to that was Genji 2 which didn't look all that great to me. And that was that for PS3 games. Odd since it was coming out that weekend.
There were some Wiis there as well. I played Elebits which was fun, but the controls seemed overly touchy. Same with Red Steel, the controls seemed more touchy and less fun. That was a big disappointment. And Ben Kicked my ass at Wii Sports Boxing.
Next time, I'll tell you all about the Nintendo World show.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home