Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Loving The Present - Reviewing The Past

Loving The Present

ExciteTruck on the Nintendo Wii is a blast. I'm serious, you have to own this game. There's just so much joy launching your huge truck into the air with flames flowing behind it as you smash the baby with a perfect landing on solid ground. You can also take out a few idiots along the way which rocks. All this while listing to Rush's Animate or Meatloaf's The Monster is Loose... Life just can't get better. This game is a great example of the pure fun you can have with the new controller.

BTW, The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess is my single player game of the year award. I'm dead serious about that, I wasn't shittin' around with you guys last radio show. It is that damn good. Plus, Gears of War is the multiplayer game of the year. Offline or online it is baby. Damn, I still can't believe that Kat prefers it over Halo. Wow! Both are beautiful looking titles as well.

* * * *

Reviewing The Past

I'm not only having a blast with the current gen on the Nintendo Wii and X-Box 360, but their back catalogue of downloadable classics as well. The Virtual Console and X-Box Live Arcade rocks. There's nothin' like chillin' out and reliving the memories of Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 64, Pac-Man, Galaga and Doom once again. What I find puzzling are the attempts of big-corporative video game journalistic sites reviewing these golden oldies.

The undertaking of these sites is to review through comparison of the past with the present. This just dosen't cut. Those classics mentioned above, they're 10 outta 10's. Repesentative of historical, technical and innovative gameplay challenges that helped grow the industry to what it is today. Some sites have listed a number of those titles with such low review scores, again through comparision of this day and age that it is unbelievable.

Long story short, just stop it guys. Please, you're embarrising yourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home