The Monster Is Loose
I finaly got my Nintendo Wii.
* * * *
We awoke at 6:50am, got dressed and did a few phone calls. Kat and I decided Toy's R Us was our best shot at obtaining a Nintendo Wii. As we drove there, we spoke to a Toy's employee who indicated that 10 units were available and there was only a few people waiting. Arriving, I got out with a hot chocolate and waited in line. The employees were nice enough to let us wait inside the store's entryway as opposed to the chilly, near -20 degree celsus temperature outside. The fellow's name was Jason who let us in and handed us tickets for the units. I was number 3. 3 is now my favourite number.
During my hour and a half wait, more people arrived. Kids with there moms, a couple of married dudes and a grandfather who loves to play games. I didn't wait in line with geeks, these were average mainstream consumers. We all chatted about the system, the games and of course the weather. We all had a hell of time finaly reaching this point, obtaining Nintendo's dream machine. One of the dude's totaly looked like Tron. He was heavily talking about computers and internet shopping and I'm like, "Yep, It is Tron/Alan from the movie!"
The store opened and we all calmly walked to the electronics department and got our system. I said bye to them and my dad picked me up.
At home I appreciated the box and it's contents. Just as much thought and care went into the design of the console went into it's packaging. It's so neatly packaged. The art on the box is simplicity, like the DS Lite box. I love it.
After hook up, I set up the console settings, created a Mii and downloaded the system update. I went shopping online and downloaded Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda. Awsome.
I've played Zelda: The Twilight Princess, the most kick-ass launch title of all-time. ExciteTruck is fun, especialy while playing to the music of Rush or Meatloaf on my SD card. Wii Sports is damn fun. The title I'm playing the most is Red Steel, it's perhaps the hardest of them all to control. I've found out that impatience is the weapin against you with Red Steel. However, after you hit the end of the second mission, you'll refine your controls without freakin' out. Once you've got the hang of it then, you'll experience the fun of Red Steel. It gives me happy Goldeneye memories.
So cool. It was worth the wait.
Lessons learned: Pre-Order the friggin' thing.
* * * *
We awoke at 6:50am, got dressed and did a few phone calls. Kat and I decided Toy's R Us was our best shot at obtaining a Nintendo Wii. As we drove there, we spoke to a Toy's employee who indicated that 10 units were available and there was only a few people waiting. Arriving, I got out with a hot chocolate and waited in line. The employees were nice enough to let us wait inside the store's entryway as opposed to the chilly, near -20 degree celsus temperature outside. The fellow's name was Jason who let us in and handed us tickets for the units. I was number 3. 3 is now my favourite number.
During my hour and a half wait, more people arrived. Kids with there moms, a couple of married dudes and a grandfather who loves to play games. I didn't wait in line with geeks, these were average mainstream consumers. We all chatted about the system, the games and of course the weather. We all had a hell of time finaly reaching this point, obtaining Nintendo's dream machine. One of the dude's totaly looked like Tron. He was heavily talking about computers and internet shopping and I'm like, "Yep, It is Tron/Alan from the movie!"
The store opened and we all calmly walked to the electronics department and got our system. I said bye to them and my dad picked me up.
At home I appreciated the box and it's contents. Just as much thought and care went into the design of the console went into it's packaging. It's so neatly packaged. The art on the box is simplicity, like the DS Lite box. I love it.
After hook up, I set up the console settings, created a Mii and downloaded the system update. I went shopping online and downloaded Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda. Awsome.
I've played Zelda: The Twilight Princess, the most kick-ass launch title of all-time. ExciteTruck is fun, especialy while playing to the music of Rush or Meatloaf on my SD card. Wii Sports is damn fun. The title I'm playing the most is Red Steel, it's perhaps the hardest of them all to control. I've found out that impatience is the weapin against you with Red Steel. However, after you hit the end of the second mission, you'll refine your controls without freakin' out. Once you've got the hang of it then, you'll experience the fun of Red Steel. It gives me happy Goldeneye memories.
So cool. It was worth the wait.
Lessons learned: Pre-Order the friggin' thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home