Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So Awesome

I always complain about the fact that a lot of games and stuff are launched in North America before Japan. But when stuff comes out here first, I never take advantage of it. When the DS Zelda came out in Japan months before North America? Didn't talk about it.

By the way: that DS Zelda? Fucking awesome! Controlled like a dream and I just love that look! Some people complained about the timed Phantom Hourglass bits, but those people suck. I thought it was a nice change of pace/style from the regular Zelda dungeon dealies. And it provided a great sense of progression and improvement. Enemies/areas that once were worrying could be killed and/or completed easily. Loved that.

So that I don't make the same mistake again: let's talk about Smash Brothers!

I freaking love this game!

How much do I love this game? I love it so much that I don't mind when I get completely schooled by random punks on the internet. I kinda enjoy it.

I enjoy the old characters. I enjoy the new characters. I absolutely adore the music! The music is amazing! I have over 300 songs from this game on my pod, and I dig almost all of them. The cock rock from the later Sonic games is kinda iffy.

But Sonic is great fun to play as. His stage is small but good. Probably the best Sonic stage in ages. I haven't played any of the latest Sonic games, but I feel safe in that statement. The thought that had gone into Sonic and his implementation into the Smash brothers universe is just great. I wish that much thought into all of Sonic's games.

Wow, I've spent a little too much time bashing Sonic. He is a great character, and it is great to see him in a great game.

Snake is also pretty cool. I just suck at using him. Those random dudes on the internet have gotten pretty good with him.

What else to say? The story is pretty fun. It is just a bunch of fan service and drama. And I love it! K? You will love how they use Snake and Sonic.

I've read some people complaining that the speed has been toned down from the last game. This is true. And I think it is now at the perfect speed. But you can tweak the speed. You can tweak just about everything.

Once you start playing through some of the event challenges, you realize just how flexible this game engine is. There are powerups that can shrink you or enlarge you. So you can be a tiny Donkey Kong fighting a giant Pikachu. In slow motion. Awesome.

The only thing I would change? You can only send pictures, levels and movies to other people who own the game. I was SO looking forward to spamming all my Canadian friends with awesome stuff from this game and driving them insane with jealousy.

Maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home