Sunday, October 19, 2008

Living The Fantasy

The last Final Fantasy game I played hardcore was Final Fantasy X, a thousand years ago. The only constant in the universe is change and so my game tastes changed and I moved onto different game franchises and genres. That was it. I took a long, long break from RPGs.

I bought a PlayStation 1 back in the day because of Final Fantasy VII. What a phenomenal experience. The game has had such a huge impact within video game culture it makes one wonder why it hasn't been re-released, ported or thrown on the PlayStation Store. Instead, we've got a whack load of new games and movies with name's like Final Fantasy VII: The Slap of Betelgeuse. Yes, I've seen Advent Children and loved every frame of it. I just wish Square Soft would drop the hammer and re-release the original. Oh, well I guess I could always dream.

Today, I relive the Fantasy in the form of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Getting back into the franchise is like a warm hug from a friend you haven't seen in years. I miss these games and I miss the worlds. Huge productions, epic stories and of course awesome game play. Oh, the glorious memories.

Now, it's time to start building new ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home