WIBP
What I Been Playin.
The Acronym, by the way, is pronounced in a very specific way: Wib (pronounced like a kiwi pronouncing the word web) P (pitched high, drawn out and fades out). Wib Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......
So what have I been playing this week. Last weekend I picked up Crackdown for the 360. New. For 5 bucks. Couldn't not buy it. Hell, I would drop twenty bucks on this game. It is a lot of fun. Like a super powered Saints Row. Or like GTA crossed with Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. But with way less destruction. And a Banjo Kazooie-ish collectathon smeared on top.
You just run around collecting glowing things and jumping really high and shooting people in the head and blowing shit up. Stopping every once in a while to kill a super special bad guy that requires slightly more shots to the head.
But as I plow through the game and unlock its achievements, I am noticing something weird. It is a fun game. I really like it. But I feel like I am wasting my time. Because these achievements mean nothing. Because the 360 is not my main system. I could better spend my time getting trophies on the PS3.
These trophies/achievements were introduced as an incentive for extended/repeat play. But the inverse is also true, why play one system when you could be increasing your gamer score on the other.
And the Wii, they have a similar thing in certain games. But they are all game specific and you can't really show off your Wii related accomplishments.
Yeah.
Unless, like in Excitebots, certain things cost a lot of money and if I see you racing with one of these expensive beasts you know they've spent some time with the game.
BTW: Excitebots = Fucking Awesome.
Like Exitetruck on some really good drugs. The racing is awesome. Just loose enough to make the races feel like barely controlled mayhem. Big air. Nice track layout. Twisty and turny and fun to whip around. And then throw darts into the mix. Or football, or soccer, or poker or pie throwing. Or other waggle based mini games.
It is great fun. And the online multiplayer is stellar. Six people doing the craziest shit they can. And betting on their performance. You can wager on your races. I went from a little over 600 points to nearly 6000 in four races.
So that is nice.
Grabbed a couple more spectras in Pixel Junk Eden. Which is still awesome.
And just today, since Kelley finally gave it back to me, I played through a stage and a half of the Mark of Kri.
Fuck do I love that game. So, so much. With stealth.
Also, I finally got around to watching King Fu Panda. That is a great movie. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
The Acronym, by the way, is pronounced in a very specific way: Wib (pronounced like a kiwi pronouncing the word web) P (pitched high, drawn out and fades out). Wib Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......
So what have I been playing this week. Last weekend I picked up Crackdown for the 360. New. For 5 bucks. Couldn't not buy it. Hell, I would drop twenty bucks on this game. It is a lot of fun. Like a super powered Saints Row. Or like GTA crossed with Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. But with way less destruction. And a Banjo Kazooie-ish collectathon smeared on top.
You just run around collecting glowing things and jumping really high and shooting people in the head and blowing shit up. Stopping every once in a while to kill a super special bad guy that requires slightly more shots to the head.
But as I plow through the game and unlock its achievements, I am noticing something weird. It is a fun game. I really like it. But I feel like I am wasting my time. Because these achievements mean nothing. Because the 360 is not my main system. I could better spend my time getting trophies on the PS3.
These trophies/achievements were introduced as an incentive for extended/repeat play. But the inverse is also true, why play one system when you could be increasing your gamer score on the other.
And the Wii, they have a similar thing in certain games. But they are all game specific and you can't really show off your Wii related accomplishments.
Yeah.
Unless, like in Excitebots, certain things cost a lot of money and if I see you racing with one of these expensive beasts you know they've spent some time with the game.
BTW: Excitebots = Fucking Awesome.
Like Exitetruck on some really good drugs. The racing is awesome. Just loose enough to make the races feel like barely controlled mayhem. Big air. Nice track layout. Twisty and turny and fun to whip around. And then throw darts into the mix. Or football, or soccer, or poker or pie throwing. Or other waggle based mini games.
It is great fun. And the online multiplayer is stellar. Six people doing the craziest shit they can. And betting on their performance. You can wager on your races. I went from a little over 600 points to nearly 6000 in four races.
So that is nice.
Grabbed a couple more spectras in Pixel Junk Eden. Which is still awesome.
And just today, since Kelley finally gave it back to me, I played through a stage and a half of the Mark of Kri.
Fuck do I love that game. So, so much. With stealth.
Also, I finally got around to watching King Fu Panda. That is a great movie. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home