Friday, January 29, 2010

Holy Crap! News!

Just did a quick, pre-shower perusal of the gaming news sites and holy crap is there a lot of cool stuff going on right now.

I'll start with the news I care least about: there's a brand new Pokemon game being developed. That's for my boy K. He loves them games. And who knows? Maybe this will be the one that gets its hooks into me.

The Nintendo game I'm really excited about is Metroid: Other M. And they say its coming out this summer in Japan! Awesome! A Metroid game AND a Mario game coming out this year? And a Zelda title to follow? Theses are all good things.

Another bit of DLC for Borderlands could be a good thing or a bad thing as I blogged about just a bit ago. But The Secret Armory of General Knoxx sounds like a winner to me. New items and weapons and enemies and areas. And a raised level cap! Now I just need people I know to buy this game so I have someone to play with.

The GTAIV expansions are coming to PS3 at the end of March! Expletive yes! I just finished the game for the second time and am working on getting some more trophies at the moment. With the occasional foray into multiplayer mayhem (with my good friend Paul, not with Kelley because he deleted it off his hard drive without even beating it once). So this is awesome news. I've spent countless hours in Liberty City and I haven't had near my fill of it yet.

Not new news, but true all the same: Read Dead Redemption looks fantastic.

Finally, and the biggest news (for me) is that Q? Entertainment is thinking about bringing Rez HD to the PS3! I was just thinking about buying it for the 360, but PS3 is where all my trophies are. This is glorious news. Go to Q?'s website and let them know that this is something they need to do.

Add in the fact that the PSN store update yesterday actually had some good stuff on it, MAG videos, new character skins for Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, and this has been a great 24 hours of video game-y goodness.

This year is looking good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home