Friday, June 24, 2005

Constitutional

Let's give this another try. I'm going to try to write a little more about Nintendogs. Today I will talk about going for walks. You need to take your dogs for walks. Otherwise, they get lazy. Also, you will never do well in any of the contests unless you go for walks. Well, maybe in the obedience contest, but I have never entered that contest because I don't speak Japanese very well. But if you want your dog to do well in the Disk competition, you need to walk over to the park and toss the Frisbee for a bit. Sure you can practice in the house, but you need the space. Your dog needs to get used to the running, jumping catches.

And the Agility competitions? You can't even enter said competition till you drag your dog over to the building and give it a go first.

Why do you need to enter these competitions? You don't need to, but they are the best way to make money, plus, y'know, bragging rights.

You can also make money by selling the stuff you find on the street during your walks.

Wait, maybe I should explain how walks work. You go to your menu and select the walk option. If you have more than one dog, you pick which one you want to walk. No, you can't walk two or more at a time. Then you plot your course. A map of your neighbourhood is displayed on the touch screen and you draw the path you want to take. On this map are certain buildings and question marks. I don't know if everyone's maps are the same or different but my map has two parks, two shops (where you can buy stuff cheaper than if you just go to the shopping menu), and the agility track building. The question marks are either gifts or other dogs. When you meet up with the other dogs, you get hints from their owners. I'm not sure what most of these hints are, as I don't speak Japanese. The gifts are, well, gifts. They're all wrapped up with a bow and everything. They range from tennis balls to new music.

But the best presents don't show up as question marks. They don't show up on the map at all, you just have to pay attention as you're walking. If you see a gift, yank on the leash to get your dog to pick it up. These 'ninja gifts' as I like to call them are usually much more valuable. That's how I got my Mario and Luigi hats. So pay attention. Also unmarked are the various bits of garbage left lying around. Don't let your dog eat garbage! It makes them sad. It also probably makes them think that you're a dick. Don't be a dick.

So walking is good for you, good for your dog, and good for your pocketbook. Plus it's relaxing. Nice, Parisian music plays in the background, the scenery changes depending on where you're walking, it's just good, man. I especially like walking along the ocean. But that's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home