Saturday, June 11, 2005

I Pimp Whenever, Whatever and Whoever I Want

What do I think of the Revolution?

I think it's the only next gen console that doesn't look like ass. It's sleek, it;s small, it's sexy. The other two are big, blah and blobby.

I haven't really put together any E3 thoughts yet, there's so much shit to sift through. I can't pick a real winner this year. I mean, it's obvious that the new Zelda was the game of the show, but which company made the best showing? If I actually believed that any of the PS3 footage was not faked, then it would make a strong case for Sony. But I don't. I don't believe that Killzone 2 trailer for a second. Plus, the company that's making the chips for the PS3 has since said that said chips are not ready yet, so there's no way that that footage was being pumped out by the PS3 hardware. Because no hardware exists yet.

To be fair, the hardware shouldn't exist yet. It ain't launching for a while yet. The longer Sony wait before finalizing the guts of the machine, the cheaper/more powerful it becomes. Kinda. That's a gross over-simplification, but that's what I do.

Where was I? Oh yeah: fuck Sony! And I ain't the only one who thinks this. As Kelley pointed out: they pulled this same shit for the PS2. How many polygons did they say the PS2 was able to push? Something like eleventy billion. As long as they were all non-textured triangles that didn't need to move, be moved, act or react in any way. A blank screen in other words.

Fuck Sony!

And fuck people who said there were no playable demos for the Revolution. There are twenty fucking years worth of playable demos for the Revolution! Anyone who does not buy a Revolution does not love videogames. It is as simple as that.

The 360 stuff looked like really nice XBox stuff. Maybe more characters onscreen, that's about it. Maybe not that bad. It looked good. But not amazing.

You know what? I'm gonna stop this one here and start a new post talking about all the games that interested me at E3. Then Kelley can bitch at me for all the games I missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home