Dreamcast & Sonic Stuff
Well it's not like brand spankin' news or anything just retrospective stuff. First off...
My yearly subscription of X-Box Live has come to an end. It's now cancelled, kaput, game over. I will miss X-Box Live. Now my only source of online gaming is Quake 3 and StarLancer on my... *drum roll* Sega Dreamcast.
Yep, In September the Dreamcast turns 6 years old and my system has been running great since day one. No problems. No hicups. Nothin' breakin' down. Smooth sailin' since September 9th, 1999. So yep, here I go back into the Quake frontier. It's free, dosen't cost a dime. I get to play with the superior mouse/keyboard control scheme and whoop candy asses across the net.
6 years eh? I just realized that this evening when I booted up Sonic Adventure on my GameCube. I turned to Kathy and said, "Damn... I've been palyin' Sonic Adventure for 6 years now".
Holy crap! Dosen't time fly by? Crap, I still remember that DC launch and how bitchin' it was. We've never had a launch like that again. Looks like I'll have to post some retrospective stuff next month apon the DC's birthday.
* * * *
I've been meaning to post some stuff about Sonic X. The series will be entering it's 3rd season this fall with much anticipation.
If you don't know what Sonic X is, it's essentialy "E.T. on steroids". You got your main character Chris befriending the "alien" character Sonic and his crew while they're have crazy cool adventures blowin' stuff up realy good. They go into space and blow shit up. Sonic saves the world a hell of alot of times which is cool.
Like all television series, you got your good episodes and you got your bad. The whole Yin-Yang thing. Luckily, I'm a mega huge fan of the characters and world so I enjoy even the crappy episodes. The payoff in the end of second season is bitchin' though.
The final 3 episodes of Sonic X season 2 deal with the characters returing back to their dimension with the help of a Stargate type of unit. Everybody is saying goodbye. Tails, Amy and the rest go through the portal and just as the final critter, Sonic is about to go through it... Chris hits the stop button, grabs Sonic's hand and darts out into the forrest.
The next episode deals with a cool roadtrip the characters have. Chris is gonna miss Sonic like nuts, he's like his best buddy in the world. The final episode is told through memories of a much older Chris, something like 5 or 6 years in the future. He and his friends are working on a portal to visit Sonic's world and rekindle old friendships.
The last images of the episode involve Sonic and a young Chris's final run together before Sonic goes back to his dimension. Chris holds on for dear life as Sonic speeds out on one final run. Now you see, Sonic is a cool dude. He blows shit up. He's calm under pressure. He laughs in the face of evil. Whenever Amy comes running crying to him, he stands there basking in the love, remaining all cool and shit. Yeah, he loves Amy but yo, gotta keep that chick in check. Two years of this cool Sonic, yeah! So it was such a damned touching, unexpected moment when Chris is holding on and begins to feel sprinkles of water hit his face. Looking ahead, he sees the tears flowing from Sonic's eyes. Yep, best buddies come to an end. Man, saying goodbye to cool friends is the hardest damned thing in the world. Eliott had to do that with E.T. Chris had to say goodbye to Sonic. Damn...
My sister and Percy moved to Vancouver a month ago. Yo T, get this Percy is workin' at EA Vancouver. Damn, I forgot to post this on the bloody videogame blog but yo, ain't that bitchin'? Ya, and it also sucks they're gone. Well, Kat and I are plannin' a trip up there soon. T, when the hell are you gettin' back home? December? That's just too far away...
My yearly subscription of X-Box Live has come to an end. It's now cancelled, kaput, game over. I will miss X-Box Live. Now my only source of online gaming is Quake 3 and StarLancer on my... *drum roll* Sega Dreamcast.
Yep, In September the Dreamcast turns 6 years old and my system has been running great since day one. No problems. No hicups. Nothin' breakin' down. Smooth sailin' since September 9th, 1999. So yep, here I go back into the Quake frontier. It's free, dosen't cost a dime. I get to play with the superior mouse/keyboard control scheme and whoop candy asses across the net.
6 years eh? I just realized that this evening when I booted up Sonic Adventure on my GameCube. I turned to Kathy and said, "Damn... I've been palyin' Sonic Adventure for 6 years now".
Holy crap! Dosen't time fly by? Crap, I still remember that DC launch and how bitchin' it was. We've never had a launch like that again. Looks like I'll have to post some retrospective stuff next month apon the DC's birthday.
* * * *
I've been meaning to post some stuff about Sonic X. The series will be entering it's 3rd season this fall with much anticipation.
If you don't know what Sonic X is, it's essentialy "E.T. on steroids". You got your main character Chris befriending the "alien" character Sonic and his crew while they're have crazy cool adventures blowin' stuff up realy good. They go into space and blow shit up. Sonic saves the world a hell of alot of times which is cool.
Like all television series, you got your good episodes and you got your bad. The whole Yin-Yang thing. Luckily, I'm a mega huge fan of the characters and world so I enjoy even the crappy episodes. The payoff in the end of second season is bitchin' though.
The final 3 episodes of Sonic X season 2 deal with the characters returing back to their dimension with the help of a Stargate type of unit. Everybody is saying goodbye. Tails, Amy and the rest go through the portal and just as the final critter, Sonic is about to go through it... Chris hits the stop button, grabs Sonic's hand and darts out into the forrest.
The next episode deals with a cool roadtrip the characters have. Chris is gonna miss Sonic like nuts, he's like his best buddy in the world. The final episode is told through memories of a much older Chris, something like 5 or 6 years in the future. He and his friends are working on a portal to visit Sonic's world and rekindle old friendships.
The last images of the episode involve Sonic and a young Chris's final run together before Sonic goes back to his dimension. Chris holds on for dear life as Sonic speeds out on one final run. Now you see, Sonic is a cool dude. He blows shit up. He's calm under pressure. He laughs in the face of evil. Whenever Amy comes running crying to him, he stands there basking in the love, remaining all cool and shit. Yeah, he loves Amy but yo, gotta keep that chick in check. Two years of this cool Sonic, yeah! So it was such a damned touching, unexpected moment when Chris is holding on and begins to feel sprinkles of water hit his face. Looking ahead, he sees the tears flowing from Sonic's eyes. Yep, best buddies come to an end. Man, saying goodbye to cool friends is the hardest damned thing in the world. Eliott had to do that with E.T. Chris had to say goodbye to Sonic. Damn...
My sister and Percy moved to Vancouver a month ago. Yo T, get this Percy is workin' at EA Vancouver. Damn, I forgot to post this on the bloody videogame blog but yo, ain't that bitchin'? Ya, and it also sucks they're gone. Well, Kat and I are plannin' a trip up there soon. T, when the hell are you gettin' back home? December? That's just too far away...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home