Monday, May 29, 2006

Lost

Weekend shifts at my current place of employment are long. It's relaxing yet time humdrums along, met with moments of extreme trepidation when the action starts. Yeah, T knows what I'm talking about. That's why I love my DS and PSP. Oh, the delights they bring.

Sunday was abnormally lagging. So what does one do? Play. Yet I had to give up one of my gadgets of gratification. You really don't know what you've lost until you have...

I work with my buddy Trista. She's a zero gamer, I'm talkin' about a -10 on the geek scale. She's played Tetris and Pac-Man, you know the basics. She just told me of her love of Super Mario Bros. I never knew this revelation until now. Sweet! So in our boredom, I equipped my PSP with a little Splinter Cell Essentials while she delighted in the awe and wonder of New Super Mario Bros. for the DS.

She was cast away in Mario's world all day, hours after hours of non-stop recreation. It was astounding. Like I said before, she's a gamer on a -10 scale. The last game I got her to play was Donkey Konga which is a hell of a fun party game. Her gratification with NSMB was so great that I lost my DS. She's claimed it her own. Hmmm... Yeah I miss my DS.

I love my PSP. Loading it up with MP3s, surfing the net, watching movies or playing games. However, it dosen't play Nintendo games. Those deliriously happy experiences that can capture the heart of a non-gamer and transport them to a new world.

She's gonna love the Wii. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home