Saturday, December 16, 2006

VC Games

I'm loving me the VC. I've got Mario 64, which looks much better than the N64 version, and runs a bit smoother. And, unlike the goddamn DS version, it is a joy to play. I've got Gunstar Heroes which is just sex. Old school sex. Toejam and Earl, a deeply odd game that me and my brother rented and loved but never bought. Ristar which I had never really even heard of but is super fucktastic. That's a good thing. And the original Zelda. Classic. All these games, as Kelley has posted before, are classics. But that does not mean they are untouchable, unreviewable.

The first game I ever played on a home console was Donkey Kong on the Colecovision. I dearly loves me that game. But I ain't going to be buying it on the Virtual Console. The home versions of that game are missing one of the four levels, that's a quarter of the game missing. Why is it still missing for the VC version? That's lame.

And sometimes some things just don't age as well as you would hope. I do agree that most of the reviews for the VC games are a bit harsh, but there are plenty of kids now who ain't played any of these games, and I reckon they would be a LOT harsher on these games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home