Some ifs and buts
I am playing the hell out of Little Big planet and Rock Band 2 but...
Neither of them are fully what I want them to be.
The wireless drums for Rock Band 2 just aren't as good as the wired ones from Rock Band 1. I've spent too much fucking time trying to set that shit up. I thought it was supposed to be super easy to set everything up. Not for me. There is not much that is more annoying than missing notes that you didn't miss. I know when I've fucked up in Rock Band, I know when I am off beat. But if I miss a note in the middle of an easy run - that is bullshit. I am using my wired drums and not missing a god damn thing now. Great improvement there guys.
Also, Rock Band is published by EA. A lot of EA games have great character creators. But not this one. It is very similar to the first one. Very limited.
This doesn't feel like Rock Band 2 so much as 1.5.
You know what is just as annoying as missing notes that you know you didn't miss? Muddy platforming.
Yep, I'm talking about Little Big Planet.
This game gives you so much control. You can create amazing things. Massive, intricate levels. But you might not want to do that. Cuz you'll be play balancing that sumbitch forever. Cuz Sackboys ain't the nimblest of creatures. And that pisses me off. A lot. Any time Sackboy's feet lose contact with the ground, jumping becomes iffy at best. Also iffy? Switching between planes. Either do it all for me, or let me control it all, when you split the difference, you get the worst of both worlds.
Love both these games, but they are no where near perfect.
Neither of them are fully what I want them to be.
The wireless drums for Rock Band 2 just aren't as good as the wired ones from Rock Band 1. I've spent too much fucking time trying to set that shit up. I thought it was supposed to be super easy to set everything up. Not for me. There is not much that is more annoying than missing notes that you didn't miss. I know when I've fucked up in Rock Band, I know when I am off beat. But if I miss a note in the middle of an easy run - that is bullshit. I am using my wired drums and not missing a god damn thing now. Great improvement there guys.
Also, Rock Band is published by EA. A lot of EA games have great character creators. But not this one. It is very similar to the first one. Very limited.
This doesn't feel like Rock Band 2 so much as 1.5.
You know what is just as annoying as missing notes that you know you didn't miss? Muddy platforming.
Yep, I'm talking about Little Big Planet.
This game gives you so much control. You can create amazing things. Massive, intricate levels. But you might not want to do that. Cuz you'll be play balancing that sumbitch forever. Cuz Sackboys ain't the nimblest of creatures. And that pisses me off. A lot. Any time Sackboy's feet lose contact with the ground, jumping becomes iffy at best. Also iffy? Switching between planes. Either do it all for me, or let me control it all, when you split the difference, you get the worst of both worlds.
Love both these games, but they are no where near perfect.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home