Demos
Downloaded a bunch of demos off of PSN and played 'em all. And liked 'em all.
Which is not to say that the games that these demos demo are worth a purchase.
This is especially true of the Watchmen game, which is a downloadable game. A twenty dollar downloadable game. I don't like that precedent. Especially since the demo gets repetitive.
But I am a sucker for beat-em-ups. I just like hurting swarms of foes. And this game lets me do that. A lot. And it looks like it hurts. Especially as Rorschach. Which stands to reason I suppose.
But if this demo is anything to go by, this is nothing more than a beat em up. It brings nothing new to the table. You go from boxy room to hallway to boxy room and beat up the same two or three prisoners. You also slowly unlock new moves and such. But they don't change all that much.
But still: you break people's faces! Yay!
Almost as good as face breaking is/are pirates.
Quest for Booty is... I'm gonna call it a real time action strategy game. You control a pirate ship on a board/playspace broken up into hexagonal spaces. You need to take over towns before your pirate opponents do. There are also smaller settlements that net you supplies when defeated and other boats that yield powerups when sunk. You use these powerups and supplies to upgrade your ship and captured villages. Your computer controlled opponents can do the same.
It's a battle against your foe, the level and sometimes a time limit.
It's all very fast paced and fun and cute and such. The only problem I ran into was on a level where I was paired with a computer controlled partner up against a pair of computer controlled foes. The foes worked as a team. I tried to figure out what the hell my guy was trying to do. Mainly sink as it turns out.
Even with that annoyance I was very tempted to splash out the ten bucks to unlock the full version. I will someday, once my economic outlook is a bit sunnier.
Not as cutesy is the Wanted demo. One of the difficulty selection choices is pussy. Gotta like that.
The first bit of text onscreen during a training section is wrong. That ain't as lovable.
But you can curve bullets and shoot people in slow motion or flank folks in fast motion or shank them in the neck. This game is bloody and violent and creative with its bloody violence. But it, too will not be picked up for some time due to our current economic situation.
Three great demos in one week. Check 'em out.
Which is not to say that the games that these demos demo are worth a purchase.
This is especially true of the Watchmen game, which is a downloadable game. A twenty dollar downloadable game. I don't like that precedent. Especially since the demo gets repetitive.
But I am a sucker for beat-em-ups. I just like hurting swarms of foes. And this game lets me do that. A lot. And it looks like it hurts. Especially as Rorschach. Which stands to reason I suppose.
But if this demo is anything to go by, this is nothing more than a beat em up. It brings nothing new to the table. You go from boxy room to hallway to boxy room and beat up the same two or three prisoners. You also slowly unlock new moves and such. But they don't change all that much.
But still: you break people's faces! Yay!
Almost as good as face breaking is/are pirates.
Quest for Booty is... I'm gonna call it a real time action strategy game. You control a pirate ship on a board/playspace broken up into hexagonal spaces. You need to take over towns before your pirate opponents do. There are also smaller settlements that net you supplies when defeated and other boats that yield powerups when sunk. You use these powerups and supplies to upgrade your ship and captured villages. Your computer controlled opponents can do the same.
It's a battle against your foe, the level and sometimes a time limit.
It's all very fast paced and fun and cute and such. The only problem I ran into was on a level where I was paired with a computer controlled partner up against a pair of computer controlled foes. The foes worked as a team. I tried to figure out what the hell my guy was trying to do. Mainly sink as it turns out.
Even with that annoyance I was very tempted to splash out the ten bucks to unlock the full version. I will someday, once my economic outlook is a bit sunnier.
Not as cutesy is the Wanted demo. One of the difficulty selection choices is pussy. Gotta like that.
The first bit of text onscreen during a training section is wrong. That ain't as lovable.
But you can curve bullets and shoot people in slow motion or flank folks in fast motion or shank them in the neck. This game is bloody and violent and creative with its bloody violence. But it, too will not be picked up for some time due to our current economic situation.
Three great demos in one week. Check 'em out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home