WIBPEEEEEEEEEEE
Stupid Best Buy. I went on Wednesday to buy three games: Punch Out, EA Sports Active, and the new Bionic Commando. Bionic Commando wasn't in yet. It and Active shipped on the same day. Why the hell didn't they make it to the store at the same time? Grr.
Anyhoo: I've been playing a lot of Punch Out and EA Sports Active. And Resistance, the first one.
Also: on Monday, Victoria Day, I spent the day over at Kelley's. We played all the way through Bionic Commando: Rearmed. Blew up Hitler's head. Had a blast. Still love the hell out of that game. Kelley liked it too, if you care about that kind of thing.
We also played a lot of Resistance 2. The multiplayer. Offline. It was awesome. We died so much! And it was awesome! I think we completed one mission. We played for, like, three hours. A lot of trial and error. We both went up a few levels and got some new guns and such. I could see myself getting addicted to that.
Not addicted to Resistance, the first. Not at all. The controls were changed fairly substantially between the original and the sequel and I find the sequel's controls superior in every way.
And The visuals in this one are... I know this was a launch title, and I'm sure it was impressive at the time, but it looks to clean, there is a lack of detail. And the story is disjointed as all hell. You play through about fifteen minutes of gameplay, the screen fades out. Some British chick narrates a bit of story and then you play through the next level. Things do not flow nicely from one set piece to the next.
Overall: meh. There are some great moments, but not enough. And the save points often time suck.
Also sucky? My reaction time. Know how I know? Punch Out. That's how. I haven't beat the game yet, haven't even started to defend my belt. Haven't won the belt yet. I can recognize the patterns, I just ain't fast enough to take advantage. The game looks and sounds and, most importantly, plays great. I am just too old and fat and slow.
Luckily, I picked up EA Sports Active, so I will be able to shed these pounds and get myself into fighting shape. First impressions: this game makes me sweat. Which is a nice change from Wii Fit. The avatar creation is so limited as to make me wonder why it was included at all. The visual style makes it obvious that this game is aimed at females. I thought, at first that it was smudgy and blurry and ugly, but then I realized that it was just soft and pastel.
I have already found a way to cheat for a few of the exercises. Yay me.
Also, the game asks you to enter your weight. The Wii Fit balance board is not used. At least, as far as I can tell. But I'm digging it so far.
And the inFamous demo is pretty sweet.
Anyhoo: I've been playing a lot of Punch Out and EA Sports Active. And Resistance, the first one.
Also: on Monday, Victoria Day, I spent the day over at Kelley's. We played all the way through Bionic Commando: Rearmed. Blew up Hitler's head. Had a blast. Still love the hell out of that game. Kelley liked it too, if you care about that kind of thing.
We also played a lot of Resistance 2. The multiplayer. Offline. It was awesome. We died so much! And it was awesome! I think we completed one mission. We played for, like, three hours. A lot of trial and error. We both went up a few levels and got some new guns and such. I could see myself getting addicted to that.
Not addicted to Resistance, the first. Not at all. The controls were changed fairly substantially between the original and the sequel and I find the sequel's controls superior in every way.
And The visuals in this one are... I know this was a launch title, and I'm sure it was impressive at the time, but it looks to clean, there is a lack of detail. And the story is disjointed as all hell. You play through about fifteen minutes of gameplay, the screen fades out. Some British chick narrates a bit of story and then you play through the next level. Things do not flow nicely from one set piece to the next.
Overall: meh. There are some great moments, but not enough. And the save points often time suck.
Also sucky? My reaction time. Know how I know? Punch Out. That's how. I haven't beat the game yet, haven't even started to defend my belt. Haven't won the belt yet. I can recognize the patterns, I just ain't fast enough to take advantage. The game looks and sounds and, most importantly, plays great. I am just too old and fat and slow.
Luckily, I picked up EA Sports Active, so I will be able to shed these pounds and get myself into fighting shape. First impressions: this game makes me sweat. Which is a nice change from Wii Fit. The avatar creation is so limited as to make me wonder why it was included at all. The visual style makes it obvious that this game is aimed at females. I thought, at first that it was smudgy and blurry and ugly, but then I realized that it was just soft and pastel.
I have already found a way to cheat for a few of the exercises. Yay me.
Also, the game asks you to enter your weight. The Wii Fit balance board is not used. At least, as far as I can tell. But I'm digging it so far.
And the inFamous demo is pretty sweet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home