Monday, December 20, 2004

Wrestle War

I've never been a huge player of wrestling games.

In the past I played the awsome Pro Wrestling by Nintendo. Why wasn't that an obtainable NES game in Animal Crossing or an E-Card or one of the recent 80's classic GBA carts? Why Nintendo? Why!?!? I remember picking up a used copy at a second hand shop a year ago and busting out the old NES with Tyler over. We were having a blast reliving those golden NES days once more.

Anyway, that along with Data East's Tag Team Wrestling and Midway's Wrestlemania Arcade Game were pretty much it for me in the squared cirle.

Recently, I got back into the genre thanks to working with Tyler and Paul. They're hardcore when it comes to wrestling games, damned hardcore. They're as intense with a wrestling game as I am with a Metal Gear or Sonic title. I've played the Smackdown games a bit but the best are the wrestling titles on the GameCube. The current crop of WWE GC titles rock and hell, I have a special place in my heart for Ultimate Muscle, which is a 128-bit ode to the NES Pro Wrestling if there ever was one.

A few days ago I obtained a used copy of WWF NO MERCY for the N64 complete with box and instructions for 5 bucks. Sweet! I believe Tyler and Paul have mentioned that this is the best wrestling title ever. Tyler, why don't you fill us in with your knowledge and experience with the popular genre?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home