Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Blippage

You wanna talk about blips? Nintendo in America is a fucking colossus compared to Microsoft in Japan. There are playable kiosks for PS2s and GCs everywhere, hardly any for Xboxes. And most of those kiosks are broken. No one here gives one shit about Microsoft, let alone two. They're not a distant third, I don't think they're even in the top 3. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen an Xbox game in the top ten best sellers list, whereas you'll always see at least one Nintendo title on any North American list.

And Game Boys are everywhere. All sorts of Game Boys. Advances, SPs in every colour of the rainbow, Gameboy colors, even the old bricks are seen. And DSs are becoming a very common sight. Not so much the PSP, I think I've seen three people with PSPs in all the time that I've been here. I've seen more people with brick GBs than PSPs.

And almost everyone games. Kids, parents, grandparents, homeless people. I'm serious. I've seen bums with GBAs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home