Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Reactions To K's Reaction to E3

Sorry this took so long to get to?  I was on a houseboat for a week and then I broke my finger.  Typing ain't so fun right now.  But considering how much K and I bitched about the lack of E3 pre-hype, I should at least comment on the E3 that was.
First off: yes Kelley, you are a total PS3 fanboy.  But they had a good event this year.  They had a lot of good games, a lot of new services, they were solid.
But I think Microsoft was just as solid.  I like how you didn't even mention how Final Fantasy is now coming to the X-Box.  That ain't big news at all.  And a couple new Halo games.  Those don't sell at all.  And that Lips game?  Is made by the same people who made the Oendan/Elite Beat Agents games.  So if you are not excited about a music game by them, you are a fool.  A fool!
Nintendo sucked.  Just out and out sucked.  That chick was all kinds of annoying, Reggie seemed off, Satoru and Shigeru...
Nothing clicked.  There was good stuff in there, but it was surrounded by not good stuff.  
The new Wii controller attachment looks spiffy.  The new Wii sports will sell like hot cakes.  Shaun White's snowboarding game looks nice, but Shaun White looks like Carrot Top.  But no big announcements, no new games...
Wait.  No.  This is how badly Nintendo fucked up.  There is a brand new Grand Theft Auto game coming out for the DS.  That is big news.  It was buried.
Instead they focused on Wii Music.  Nintendo turned yoga into a game!  They can turn just about any damn thing into a game!  Yet somehow they took the game out of music game.  
What.
The.
Fuck.
?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home