What I Been PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Have not touched Punch Out!!
Makes me feel a little bad. Cuz it is a great game. But it is a game I am too old to play. It defeats me. Still haven't made it to title defense mode. But I do have one gripe. Left makes you dodge left, right makes you dodge right, down makes you duck. Except not always for the down. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens way too often to be a fluke, down dodges either left or right.
I have died more than once due to this. Pisses me off right good like.
You know what kills me a lot in the new Bionic Commando? Radiation. Fucking radiation! Fuck you radiation and your nigh instant death. Fuck that. Have it be harmful. Have it kill you, but not in half a second. Fuck that. I swing around, looking for the hidden collectibles. I hear the Geiger counter start to go off as I begin a swing, so I don't let go, I figure I'll just turn around and explore somewhere else. Nope, I swing into the radiation, my forward momentum cannot be stopped. I die.
I respwan way the fuck back. Like way the fuck back. I have to rewatch a cinema. I have to collect all the hidden shit again. I have to complete my achievements again. That is shitballs retarded.
Here are three rules for auto saving in games:
ALWAYS AUTOSAVE AFTER EVERY CINEMA. I should not have to watch any of your shitty emo stupidity more than once.
ALWAYS AUTOSAVE AFTER EVERY COLLECTIBLE. Especially in this game where you have to do some elaborate swinging and jumping to collect some of these bastards. And then I die from some stupid invisible radiation or drown because my arm doesn't feel like attaching to anything. Fuck that. Speaking of drowning: why do I, an out of shape asthmatic, have a far greater lung capacity than a fucking commado? A fucking Bionic fucking Commandafuckingo?
ALWAYS SAVE AFTER EVERY ACHIEVEMENT/TROPHY. I know trophies are saved to the PS3 system, but the trophies are linked to in game achievements/challenges. And you have to clear certain achievements to unlock other achievements. And if you die before you reach another save point you have to do all that shit all over again.
The save system of this game deserves to be enshrined in the hall of Epic Fail.
All of this badness is only heightened by the fact that I am splitting my time between Bionic Commando and inFAMOUS. The save system in inFAMOUS is nigh-perfect. Anything you do or see or collect is saved. You should never spend more than a minute or two getting back to the scene of your death.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Bionic Commando, and inFAMOUS isn't without its flaws. They are both good stuff. And they are what I've been playing this week.
Makes me feel a little bad. Cuz it is a great game. But it is a game I am too old to play. It defeats me. Still haven't made it to title defense mode. But I do have one gripe. Left makes you dodge left, right makes you dodge right, down makes you duck. Except not always for the down. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens way too often to be a fluke, down dodges either left or right.
I have died more than once due to this. Pisses me off right good like.
You know what kills me a lot in the new Bionic Commando? Radiation. Fucking radiation! Fuck you radiation and your nigh instant death. Fuck that. Have it be harmful. Have it kill you, but not in half a second. Fuck that. I swing around, looking for the hidden collectibles. I hear the Geiger counter start to go off as I begin a swing, so I don't let go, I figure I'll just turn around and explore somewhere else. Nope, I swing into the radiation, my forward momentum cannot be stopped. I die.
I respwan way the fuck back. Like way the fuck back. I have to rewatch a cinema. I have to collect all the hidden shit again. I have to complete my achievements again. That is shitballs retarded.
Here are three rules for auto saving in games:
ALWAYS AUTOSAVE AFTER EVERY CINEMA. I should not have to watch any of your shitty emo stupidity more than once.
ALWAYS AUTOSAVE AFTER EVERY COLLECTIBLE. Especially in this game where you have to do some elaborate swinging and jumping to collect some of these bastards. And then I die from some stupid invisible radiation or drown because my arm doesn't feel like attaching to anything. Fuck that. Speaking of drowning: why do I, an out of shape asthmatic, have a far greater lung capacity than a fucking commado? A fucking Bionic fucking Commandafuckingo?
ALWAYS SAVE AFTER EVERY ACHIEVEMENT/TROPHY. I know trophies are saved to the PS3 system, but the trophies are linked to in game achievements/challenges. And you have to clear certain achievements to unlock other achievements. And if you die before you reach another save point you have to do all that shit all over again.
The save system of this game deserves to be enshrined in the hall of Epic Fail.
All of this badness is only heightened by the fact that I am splitting my time between Bionic Commando and inFAMOUS. The save system in inFAMOUS is nigh-perfect. Anything you do or see or collect is saved. You should never spend more than a minute or two getting back to the scene of your death.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Bionic Commando, and inFAMOUS isn't without its flaws. They are both good stuff. And they are what I've been playing this week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home