Wrestling
I just watched me some Japanese wrestling and it was frickin awesome! It also reminded me that I needed to write about wrestling games for the site. I dunno, it's such a big subject; I'm not sure if I can boil it down. But I'll try.
Wrestling games are fighting games that aren't elitist. That, I think is the basic appeal of them. Wrestling games are for people who want to smash someone's face in but can't be bothered to remember how to do a dragon punch. This is not me insulting the wrestling game fan, I am a huge wrestling game fan. I think Capcom's 2'D fighters have disappeared up their own asses. They assume that the only people who play there games have played all the previous games. Which is a great way to limit your audience and kill off any new customers. Wrestling games, however, have kept it relatively simple and I think that is for the best. I know that back when I used to work at CK, wrestling games were the great equalizers. In a four player rumble, you can't count any one out on account of their inexperience. But maybe I'm just talking out my ass, I guess I should ask Kelley's opinion on this, since he is new to the whole wrasslin' scene.
And if he don't answer soon, I'll just keep blathering.
Wrestling games are fighting games that aren't elitist. That, I think is the basic appeal of them. Wrestling games are for people who want to smash someone's face in but can't be bothered to remember how to do a dragon punch. This is not me insulting the wrestling game fan, I am a huge wrestling game fan. I think Capcom's 2'D fighters have disappeared up their own asses. They assume that the only people who play there games have played all the previous games. Which is a great way to limit your audience and kill off any new customers. Wrestling games, however, have kept it relatively simple and I think that is for the best. I know that back when I used to work at CK, wrestling games were the great equalizers. In a four player rumble, you can't count any one out on account of their inexperience. But maybe I'm just talking out my ass, I guess I should ask Kelley's opinion on this, since he is new to the whole wrasslin' scene.
And if he don't answer soon, I'll just keep blathering.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home