War of the Worlds
K has been jawin' on about this movie over on his site, but I figured I could talk about it on here as well. We used to jibber-jab about every-damn-thing on STUUFSradio, so I reckon the same rules apply to the blog. I'm pretty fucking excited about WOW as well. I just have to say one thing, and I want to know if KT has my back on this. I have no doubt that this movie will kick ass. I'm just worried about the ending. I haven't seen The Terminal or Catch Me If You Can, so I can't speak about them but the last two Spielberg films that I have seen have had poor endings. Everyone and his dog has bitched about A.I.'s ending, so I won't add any more shit to the pile. Minority Report's ending would have been fine if the last line of voice over was left in. The last line was of course about how many murders occurred in the area after the pre-crime unit was disbanded. Instead, Steve-y churned out another too-happy ending. The absence of one line shouldn't bother me so much, but it does. So all I want to say is this: "Steve, I know you're reading this, so I beg you: stick the landing.
Stick the landing.
Please.
Stick the landing.
Please.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home