Working Hard For Your Money... Nope... Errr... Or... Just To Prove Somethin'?!? ARGH!!!!
Tough games. You know who they are. The games that make you "work hard" for the next level. They're those games that you puzzle over, hitting buttons as fast as you can and end up dying cause you didn't hit the button fast enough or the puzzle was just to friggin' puzzling to unpuzzle. They are those games that are unforgiving. Near the end of a "level", you have a life point left leading to -
A) You somehow pulled a magical golden horseshoe outta your ass and made it.
or
B) You get a cap in your ass and die.
Event B is the more realistic outta the two. I hate tough games. I enjoy games with a challenge that rewards you for your patience and all out badness but damnit I hate games that are relentless.
The point of all of this jibber-jabba is that over at the glorious Metroid Database - http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/ the webmaster was keeping a Review Journal - http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/mp2/reviews.htm. I was keeping up with his review journal and then all of the sudden, it stopped. It wasn't for a couple of months that it was finaly updated.
Read it. The poor guy. I mean he's a hardcore Metroid guy, you only need to look at his site to witness proof of that. I don't even have a hardcore SONIC TEAM site that's as impressive as his METROID fandom. With that, I extend my gaming sympathies to him. He's hardcore man. The poor guy.
As for me, I've only played the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes demo which was pretty bitchin'. Reading reviews from EGM to IGN to every neck of the woods for the title, they all pointed out it was a tough experience. The game accumilated fantastic scores, but the difficulty was nagging. Interesting. I can't wait to pick it up, experience it and see what's it all about.
A) You somehow pulled a magical golden horseshoe outta your ass and made it.
or
B) You get a cap in your ass and die.
Event B is the more realistic outta the two. I hate tough games. I enjoy games with a challenge that rewards you for your patience and all out badness but damnit I hate games that are relentless.
The point of all of this jibber-jabba is that over at the glorious Metroid Database - http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/ the webmaster was keeping a Review Journal - http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/mp2/reviews.htm. I was keeping up with his review journal and then all of the sudden, it stopped. It wasn't for a couple of months that it was finaly updated.
Read it. The poor guy. I mean he's a hardcore Metroid guy, you only need to look at his site to witness proof of that. I don't even have a hardcore SONIC TEAM site that's as impressive as his METROID fandom. With that, I extend my gaming sympathies to him. He's hardcore man. The poor guy.
As for me, I've only played the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes demo which was pretty bitchin'. Reading reviews from EGM to IGN to every neck of the woods for the title, they all pointed out it was a tough experience. The game accumilated fantastic scores, but the difficulty was nagging. Interesting. I can't wait to pick it up, experience it and see what's it all about.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home