Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Damn Memory

Ain't what she used to be. I caint 'member all t'other games I played at the Osaka Games Festa. I didn't play that new Shenmue-esque but way more violent game from Sega. It looked good. The constant line up to play it didn't look so shit hot. Huge line for Phantasy Star Universe too. Didn't play it. Looked A LOT like PSO. I did get to play one Sega game at the Festa: Super Monkey Ball. Didn't get to play the single player game, so I have no idea how that controls, but there's a good chance that I will buy this game even if the single player game sucks ass. Super Monkey Ball FPS!! It rocked my socks! It ain't nothing fancy: wolfenstein-esque deathmatching aplenty. But with monkeys! In balls! You can throw a cream pie at someone and their screen gets all covered in schmutz. That's cool. What would have been even cooler- wiping the touch screen to clear off the cream pie. Too bad that wasn't included. Sega was too busy making sure Shadow was 'X-TREME!' enough.

Mario Kart was awesome. Easy to pick up and play. But the weapons balancing seemed off. As I raced on all new courses in 150cc, I didn't often lead the pack. Usually in the middle of the pack for the first couple laps. But all I ever got was mushrooms. What's up with that? Ain't no way Wario wants a mushroom, or a frickin banana! He wants to ween! Give him some bloody red shells fer chrissakes!

Carla played the new Animal Crossing for a little bit. I think she's going through withdrawal. That's the thing she's looking forward to most about going home - picking up the game.

What else of note? Oh! Crash Team Racing for the PSP looked like absolute shit. Lo poly, lo rez, frame-y as fuck. I loves my DS to death I does, but I'm realistic enough to know that PSP games kick DS games all over the place when it comes to graphics. Not Crash Team Racing. Mario Kart shits all over it in every respect. I have no idea why they were even showing it. It was SO SHIT!

That's all I can think of for now. If I remember anything else, I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home