Saturday, December 10, 2005

KART KART KARTY KART!!!

I meant to post on the day I actually picked up the game. Then I meant to post the day after. Yesterday? I got really really drunk. So I think I'll talk about it now.

Mario Kart is good. Crazily compulsively good. In the span of one day, maybe two, I bat all the cups in 50 and 100cc, and all the missions (lowest rating? A). Yeah, I'm enjoying myself. I can't wait to get this bad boy online. But wait I must.

How has the wifi play been K? Enquiring minds want to know.

More Kart talk!

The graphics are fantastic. The old tracks look awesome, and the new ones are stupendous! All the standbys are present: beach, castle, desert, stadiums and the like. And the new styles make me squeal with glee! Killer Ship is just awesome! The look of it, the music, the layout, everything! There must be killer ship levels in every Kart racer released from now on! And pinball levels. And clock levels. I don't think I can possibly pick a favourite track. But I think that the Bowser's Castle in this game is the best Bowser level yet! I love the moving blocks and I super duper buper love the massive spinning pole. That's right: I loves me the massive pole! I can't get enough of the massive pole!

I also love the lack of rubber banding in this game. I have lapped opponents. That was one of my favourite things to do back on the original. I was a god in the Bowser stage in that game.

But it ain't all sunshine, puppies and blowjobs.

First off: why is Wario's item rating so low? He's a lying, cheating, stealing sunuvabitch who enjoys smacking the crap out of other racers more than actually winning. Or at least he is when I play him. But his pick ups usually suck. Which is why I've beaten most of the game with Mario. That sucks. That's two games in a row there they've nerfed Wario. Dude had an awesome ride in Double Dash, but his special blew. Speaking of which, the bomb is way more useful now.

As are red shells. I've successfully managed to juke around some red shells, cuz I am just that awesome. In previous games, if a shell missed, it missed. They boomerang back at you in this game. Clever bastards. And they seem to hit broadside way more often now. Dragging items ain't as useful as it once was. And the blue shells be all schizo and shit. I've been hit by blue shells whilst in second place at least three times. That averages out to once a day. That ain't cool. I wasn't close to the guy in first or anything. Let me repeat: that ain't cool.

But this game is. It so is. Too soon to say for sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the best Mario Kart game EVAR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home