Friday, March 13, 2009

Age of Booty

Yeah. The game is called Age of Booty. Not Quest for Booty. That's that Ratchet and Clank game. I hear it's good.

I know that Age of Booty is good. I know cuz I downloaded it. Good, but not great.

The demo had three levels. One level, but three difficulty levels. One level, but three different maps. The first had no enemies, the second only one enemy, the third had multiple enemies and a computer controlled ally.

The game is great gobs of fun until you have to work with your robo-buddies. You have no control over their behavior at all. So you are up against a co-ordinated team of aggressors and you are paired with Tweedle Dum (And sometimes Tweedle Dee as well).

You will spend most of your time trying to figure out what the fuck your 'team-mates' are trying to do. The person who coded your opponents was a devious jerk. And I salute him. The guy who coded your allies was a fucktard.

Of course, most of the levels burden you with a partner. Most of the later levels are you and a partner (or two) against an enemy force with more ships than you.

I beat all the levels. Mainly by doing everything myself. The rest were won through pure luck.

Luck and blinding rage. Thank goodness I had the Wanted demo to release my rage on. Chaining cover points to score a neck knife kill really helped mellow me out.

I still recommend the game. But the recommendation is not as glowing as I would have hoped.

Still haven't given the multiplayer a whirl. I reckon it'll be a hoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home