Mo Borderlands, Mo Problems (Not Really, Less Problems Mo Guns)
If you have Borderlands and like Borderlands and want more Borderlands then maybe you should think about getting The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned, stay away from Mad Moxxie's Underdome Riot and absolutely get The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
Get it. But don't play it as soon as you get it. Redo some late game runs. Bump your level up a touch. Cuz this game has sharp teeth and it hungers. This game spams you with enemies. Moreso than before. Enemies that do more damage than before. And as you try to deal with these new, more dangerous enemies, it spams some more enemies. Enemies that will kill you and then find out where you respawn and then kill you again. And a couple more agains, just for giggles. I died a lot. At first. I'm doing better now that I did a bit of grinding. Which is odd, because this game is all about grinding and I had to do some grinding just to get back to grinding.
But this new DLC really rewards your grinding. New areas, new vehicles, new enemies, new loot. NEW LEWT! I haven't taken on Crawmeraxe The Invicible, the end game raid, yet but I have already replaced my gear a couple times over. I love my new exploding health regenerating sniper rifle. My new sheild is also quite nice. It nicely accentuates my new abilities. Not that the abilities are new, but the upped level cap means I have added rounded out my Lillith quite nicely. I love that the level cap goes to eleven.
This DLC, more than the other two really lets the humour come through. I love the dark, odd, crass sensibility this game has. I also love how well this game has been supported. Whatever this game has next in store, I'm game.
Get it. But don't play it as soon as you get it. Redo some late game runs. Bump your level up a touch. Cuz this game has sharp teeth and it hungers. This game spams you with enemies. Moreso than before. Enemies that do more damage than before. And as you try to deal with these new, more dangerous enemies, it spams some more enemies. Enemies that will kill you and then find out where you respawn and then kill you again. And a couple more agains, just for giggles. I died a lot. At first. I'm doing better now that I did a bit of grinding. Which is odd, because this game is all about grinding and I had to do some grinding just to get back to grinding.
But this new DLC really rewards your grinding. New areas, new vehicles, new enemies, new loot. NEW LEWT! I haven't taken on Crawmeraxe The Invicible, the end game raid, yet but I have already replaced my gear a couple times over. I love my new exploding health regenerating sniper rifle. My new sheild is also quite nice. It nicely accentuates my new abilities. Not that the abilities are new, but the upped level cap means I have added rounded out my Lillith quite nicely. I love that the level cap goes to eleven.
This DLC, more than the other two really lets the humour come through. I love the dark, odd, crass sensibility this game has. I also love how well this game has been supported. Whatever this game has next in store, I'm game.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home