Friday, March 11, 2011

DJ Hero 2 : 5

I don't own the DJ Hero games, but my brother left some decks and DJ 2 at my house while he was gone for a month.

So I played a fair bit of DJ Hero 2.
DJ Hero 2 is a great rhythm game. Now that my brother has taken the games back, I am seriously thinking about picking the game up my damn self.

Why is it so good? Because the music is so good. And the way you interact with it is intuitive and enjoyable. The cross fading and free scratching stuff is just excellent. And it has great multiplayer, it brings the whole endeavour to a new level. That being said, I never took this game online. Cuz, as ever, I am affeared of online.

I am also afraid to mention that this game uses character models strongly reminiscent of the Guitar Hero franchise. I have always found those character designs ugly. They aren't as ugly as Guitar Hero characters, but just their association with said characters makes the DJ Hero folks less appealing to me.

The other negative this game seems to have inherited from its more guitar-centric counterpart is that they don;t save the best music for last, they save the hardest. If I am not enjoying the music, am actually noticing just how much I don't like the music, then why the hell would I want to replay this music to improve my score?

It ends slightly more whimper-y than I would like, but the rest of it is rock damn solid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home