Friday, January 07, 2005

Mother Lover

That's not quite true, K, Mother 2 was released in North America as Earthbound on the SNES. Fantastic game, I loved it so much I bought a Japanese version of Mother 1&2 because of it. The translation is going much slower than it should. I am so fucking lazy. Anyway, go play Earthbound. It ain't that hard to find. Shit, you can probably find a fan translated version of Mother 1 somewhere on the net, which makes me feel like a bit of an idiot.

But if you're too lazy, or you just hate good games, I'll give a very brief description. Earthbound is an RPG that takes place in the present day. One might call it a more realistic RPG but for the fact that the first enemy you fight in Mother is an evil lamp. Yeah. They are odd games, with an odd sense of humour that reverberated perfectly within my odd little brain at the time.

Funny present day RPG. That's what I'd call it if words made my head hurt. Fun is what I'd call it if words made my eyes bleed.

One of the reasons the translation is going so slow is that I picked up the Astroboy/Mighty Atom game over here for 11 bucks brand new. That's a pretty fucking sweet deal right there. Pretty sweet game too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home