Thursday, January 06, 2005

Strength In Numbers

EA sure is acting like a big prick. They're like that High School bully you just wanna do alot of serious damage to. Well it looks like Atari and Infogrames are goin' to help out UbiSoft if EA tries anything stupid. Here's some info - http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4128

So what did I get recently. I got Outrun 2 for the X-Box which rocks. It's a beautiful game in graphics, sound and control. Awsome stuff. Makes me wonder why the hell it took Sega so damned long to do a proper sequel to one of it's legendary series? It must be a Sammy buisness desision that was right on track. Sega's awsome at arcade and fast paced experiences. From Outrun to Space Harrior to Golden Axe to Sonic, this is were the company realy shines. Then again I'm still greaming of Shenmue 3. So far this whole Sega/Sammy merger has been positive and Outrun 2 is proof of that.

I also got Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls for the GBA. Nothin' can top two remade classic RPGs in one package. The games have been visual and audibly enhanced along with the story beefed up and more adventures thrown in. I love the fast paced nature of the early Final Fantasy battles. You're not summoning Aeons or dressing Riku in a hot outfit while watching a 30 second transformation. Sure they're visualy cool but damn they get in way of the game. So the GBA remake of the classics is awsome. Looks like a DS remake of Final Fantasy III is happening, which I believe is the first time the game will hit North American shores.

Pac-Man World is exploring my GBA. FullFat and DSI have created a great port of the Playstation classic for Nintendo gamers who missed out on the original. Everything is top notch on this portable port and I'm just happy to be playing this game "on the go" alongside Super Mario 64 DS.

Speaking of the DS, damn ain't that screen great? I play my GBA games only on the DS cause they look and sound fantastic.

Finaly, a wrestling note. I've been playing some of that Royal Rumble on the DC. That game is alot of fun. It's not as refined as the current crop of WWE games on the Cube, but it's a great arcade experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home