Defect Specification
Finaly! Tyler has tried that damned PSP and enjoyed it. Cool! Atleast I know someone has. Yet I still have concerns and hope they will be adressed before the North American launch.
Recently, GamesAreFun.com posted this article - http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4263
Umm, isn't this like a big deal? It's a fault design from the start. 5000 PSP's were returned because of this problem. How many more will be returned as time goes on? This dosen't even include the one's returned because of manufactured problems. I love how Sony Computer Entertainment President Ken Kutaragi basicaly tells everyone to, "shut up, suck it up and live with it".
Look I'm excited about the PSP. Konami's Metal Gear Solid AC!D and Coded Arms look awsome. Death Jr. has caught my attention. Hell, Namco's got a beautiful lookin' Ridge Racer game out for it and a Namco Museum is in development.
It's just that battery life, pricing, purchasing memory cards out the yin-yang, faulty systems shipped and now a controller design which cripples play is questionable. I don't know why any press are adressing these concerns? I also read to many stories of how poor the games control in general. That the analog control isn't that all cracked up to be. Even the beautiful looking Coded Arms is having control concerns and these concerns were mentioned at IGN.com as well - http://psp.ign.com/articles/583/583307p1.html. Yet, IGN toots the horn, mentioning that Konami is working hard at putting some form of control mapping customization wihthin the game that should fix all that SONY PSP control blues. Umm, ya mapping buttons is gonna fix that... Sure...
The greatest fear I have is this. Re-posted from the comments page of GameAreFun.com is this bit of information -
"And for the record, I hate the PSP Square button. I imported a PSP and opted not to get the DS cause in my opinion the PSP was a better product. After playing seven games with the square button, I have to say it sucks so much. It's like going to an EB or Wal-mart or Gamestop and using one of those kiosk remotes where the button is all loose and has no sensitivity at all... I HATE THAT and that's what the square button feels like. The PSP is by no means beautiful. If you hold one you'll know what I mean." - def
Oh boy I can't wait... Yet Tyler enjoyed his experience so WTF do I know? From his post, I am seriously looking forward to it's North American release.
To finish this off... I was looking forward to purchasing one of those sexy looking, slimed down PS2's. I was at a local department store in town when I was discussing this with one of the CSR's. He mentioned he had bought a regular PS2's years ago and it crapped out on him. To remedy the situation he bought one of the newer, remodeled PS2's. It crapped out on him within a month of purchase. I laughed and decided against purchasing a new PS2 for the time being. I commented that I've had a GameCube since launch and it's been knocked to the groud a couple of times by my fat cat and it's still in operation today.
Recently, GamesAreFun.com posted this article - http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4263
Umm, isn't this like a big deal? It's a fault design from the start. 5000 PSP's were returned because of this problem. How many more will be returned as time goes on? This dosen't even include the one's returned because of manufactured problems. I love how Sony Computer Entertainment President Ken Kutaragi basicaly tells everyone to, "shut up, suck it up and live with it".
Look I'm excited about the PSP. Konami's Metal Gear Solid AC!D and Coded Arms look awsome. Death Jr. has caught my attention. Hell, Namco's got a beautiful lookin' Ridge Racer game out for it and a Namco Museum is in development.
It's just that battery life, pricing, purchasing memory cards out the yin-yang, faulty systems shipped and now a controller design which cripples play is questionable. I don't know why any press are adressing these concerns? I also read to many stories of how poor the games control in general. That the analog control isn't that all cracked up to be. Even the beautiful looking Coded Arms is having control concerns and these concerns were mentioned at IGN.com as well - http://psp.ign.com/articles/583/583307p1.html. Yet, IGN toots the horn, mentioning that Konami is working hard at putting some form of control mapping customization wihthin the game that should fix all that SONY PSP control blues. Umm, ya mapping buttons is gonna fix that... Sure...
The greatest fear I have is this. Re-posted from the comments page of GameAreFun.com is this bit of information -
"And for the record, I hate the PSP Square button. I imported a PSP and opted not to get the DS cause in my opinion the PSP was a better product. After playing seven games with the square button, I have to say it sucks so much. It's like going to an EB or Wal-mart or Gamestop and using one of those kiosk remotes where the button is all loose and has no sensitivity at all... I HATE THAT and that's what the square button feels like. The PSP is by no means beautiful. If you hold one you'll know what I mean." - def
Oh boy I can't wait... Yet Tyler enjoyed his experience so WTF do I know? From his post, I am seriously looking forward to it's North American release.
To finish this off... I was looking forward to purchasing one of those sexy looking, slimed down PS2's. I was at a local department store in town when I was discussing this with one of the CSR's. He mentioned he had bought a regular PS2's years ago and it crapped out on him. To remedy the situation he bought one of the newer, remodeled PS2's. It crapped out on him within a month of purchase. I laughed and decided against purchasing a new PS2 for the time being. I commented that I've had a GameCube since launch and it's been knocked to the groud a couple of times by my fat cat and it's still in operation today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home