Sunday, March 27, 2005

Various And Sundry

All kinds of stuff today.

Please bear with me, I'm kind of drunk.

You know what's a really good drink? The strong bull. Red Bull, Beer, hard cider, vodka, and a couple other non-alcoholic bits all mixed up and yummy in the tummy.

Back to business: Add God of War, Rise of the Kasai, Phantom Dust, the new Splinter Cell and Time splitter to The List. List of things to play when I get back. The purpose of the list has changed a bit. Originally, I just wanted the smaller games on it so I could remember not to forget about them. But there are just too many good/great games coming out these days. I have to note them all so I don't forget about them.

Speaking of which< have you played SpikeOut yet KT? It's a SEGA joint so I thought you might pick it up. Is it any good? Haven't heard much about it. I was looking forward to it, once upon a long fucking time ago. SEGA really has fallen on hard times, hasn't it? Speaking of which, there was an interview with some PR hack form SEGA about Sonic and shit. Not a very good interview, all sorts of softball questions and market speak answers. Why give Shadow a gun? Why not just uild a whole new character? I know new original games are a harder sell, but does Shadow really have enough of a name to make a difference?

What else? Fuck, I'm forgetting all kinds of shit. Crap.

The new Kirby game for the DS looks pretty hot. I just wish my Japanese was better. And the DS Harvest Moon has all kids of cool mini games: sheep shearing, cow milking, etc.

Sony's Dual Shock controllers are now illegal. They figured they had way more money than the people who actually came up with the Dual Shock motors so they could just file appeal after appeal until Immersion (the cats who actually own the patents, ya dig?) ran out of money and went out of business. That didn't happen.

The XBox controllers use the same rumble technology by the way. They actually paid money and lisenced it from Immersion. Nintendo has their own rumble technology.

Sony, of course, has filed an appeal.

Sony also says that dead pixels in PSPs are no big deal. They may or may not replace your PSP if it has dead pixels. It all depends on whether or not said pixels affect game play or movie playback. But they don't detail what the hell that means. How many pixels does it take to convince Sony that your PSP needs replacing?

Nintendo, of course, will replace your DS if it has even one dead pixel.

I think that is all for now.

Oh yeah, can you play import games on your Saturn KT? If I were to pick something up for you, wuold it work?

I've come back and added tyis little bit: not everywhere is selling out of PSPs. And there are plenty of morons out there who are now returning their PSPs because they don't play PS2 games or DVDs. To be fair, if I was an uninformed moron I would also assume that the name PlayStation Portable meant that said unti was a portable playstation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home