Saturday, January 28, 2006

Trying Something New

Seeing as this a blog about videogames, I figgered I shud blog more about videogames. And maybe brush up on my spellling.

So, here's what's going to happen: I am going to blog about Animal Crossing. And I will use these Animal Crossing posts as a conduit to talk about other games. You'll hopefully see what I mean.

Here we go:

Dear Diary:
Today has been pretty sweet so far. I woke up in time to go and buy some turnips. I only bought 20 last week and was kicking myself when Crooked Nook was buying them for of 400 Bells a piece. That was three different flavours of alright! I hope that happens again this week. And I bought another red turnip. A 16x return on my investment? Yes please!! Plus, y'know, Wendell might pop in. You just never know with that glutton. That's not all the money making I got done today. Not by a long shot! I caught 2 Tunas and a fair few Sea Butterflies. My fish Feng Shui must be off the charts! After all that fishing excitement, I retired to my abode for some relaxing times. I played some Pikmin 2 and some Day of Reckoning 2. Beat them both.

Man I love Pikmin 2. I love it's aesthetic. The bloom lighting, the falling leaves. The music. The everything. I love just going through the Plikopedia and futzing about with the camera and reading the funny entries. Lovely game. But I always feel so bad when I loose a Pikmin.

DOR2 is another in a long line of really good 'Cube wrestling games. And, like all the games that have come before it, is not near as good as the grapplers on the 64. I found a pretty fail-safe way to destroy your opponents. As soon as you have beaten them down a bit, leave the ring and WALK up the ramp. It seems there are no count outs in this game. When your opponent gets to his feet, he will RUN to catch you and that rapidly drains his stamina. Repeat until he can't do more than one move without stopping to gasp for breath. Proceed to make him hurt in new and interesting ways. Speaking of which, the blood in this game is fantastic. I drips of faces, pools on the ground and smears across bodies. Awesome.

After some game playing, I went back outside. Perfect timing too, as I shot down a Golden slingshot. Sweet! Then I caught another Tuna! Sweet! Then I got stung by a lot of bees! Weak! Then I visited Margie. She told me she's going to leave. Again. This is like the fourth time she's threatened to move. I didn't ask her to stay this time. I've had enough of her guff. So much so that I sent her a letter. I've quote you a brief excerpt: "YOU STINK< STINKY!!!!" I hope she gets the hint.

I think I'll turn in for a bit. Have a nice nap. For tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home